DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Newbie who wanted an advise (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=75445)

rannye 02-25-2011 10:00 PM

Newbie who wanted an advise

Hello! I'm new in this forum. I have a 2009 Ram (bought it new when the 09's arrived)and loved the truck, happy with the power and the ride except that I have a problem with the headlight; seems that it has no focus and very difficult driving it at night. I have it consulted to the dealership where they made adjustment on the headlight itself but didn't made a difference. They suggested that I have to change the bulb to a "more brighter one", I complied and bought the specified one but still the light don't have focus. It is very frustrating that I seldom use my truck specially when I drive long distance for the fear that I will be in the road driving at night. I instead use my 2008 Grand Cherokee, but the jeep carries only a small cargo. I wanted to use my truck badly...any advise?

Toms Blue Ram 1500 02-25-2011 10:07 PM

Glad you joined us and welcome to the Z for Rams from Baltimore . Do you have any pictures of your truck ? Have you done any mods or have plans for any ? Any of your friends have a Ram ? Tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom

CajunDodge 02-25-2011 10:10 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! You're not the first to complain about the headlights, and I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice from other 4th gen owners so stay tuned! Any pics of your truck? We'd love to see it! Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :Hey:

- Cajun

sk8noregon 02-25-2011 10:19 PM

Hello and welcome to the ForumZ ! I have the same issue with the lights on my 08. Well, they are not very bright anyways. Have you thought about trying Ultra SilverStars or even converting to HID's ?

rannye 02-25-2011 10:24 PM

Yes I have a picture of the truck and soon will post it when I will be familiar with the site (still figuring it out how to attach the picture). The truck don't have any modification, it looks the same when I brought it home from the dealership.

rannye 02-25-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk8noregon (Post 454596)
Hello and welcome to the ForumZ ! I have the same issue with the lights on my 08. Well, they are not very bright anyways. Have you thought about trying Ultra SilverStars or even converting to HID's ?

Yes I did use Silverstar H13 but not satisfying and now I'm using the H13 PIAA XTREME white plus 4000k (H13 65/55W-85/75W) still with difficulty driving at night, spring is coming and I'm afraid I will be hitting deers or moose on the road if this problem not resolved.

yamifz1 02-25-2011 10:47 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum, nice to have you here. Check the gen 4 section probably lots there. I have seen where guys have bought projector s and installed them.
when you get a chance why don't you post a picture or two of your truck.

rannye 02-25-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk8noregon (Post 454596)

I'm using now the H13 PIAA XTREME white plus 4000k (H13 65/55W-85/75W)

rannye 02-25-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yamifz1 (Post 454617)
Hello and welcome to the forum, nice to have you here. Check the gen 4 section probably lots there. I have seen where guys have bought projector s and installed them.
when you get a chance why don't you post a picture or two of your truck.

thank you! I'm trying to upload some pix but how? I tried to no avail!:4-dontknow:

wermbang 02-25-2011 11:19 PM

Welcome to the site!