DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Forum Polls! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Should I Debadge My Truck? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=75756)

DeputyNelson 03-01-2011 04:38 AM

Should I Debadge My Truck?

Should I debadge the tailgate of my truck? It says "Dodge" and then "4x4" on opposite sides.

The only reason I ask this is because I plan on borrowing a heat gun from work to take off the deal decal stuck on the tailgate.

Just want to get other peoples opinions and see what the overall thought about doing it is.

Thanks!

JwilsYellowRam 03-02-2011 03:05 AM

Hey DeputyNelson, I, myself debadged everything on my truck and personally love the look. I have allot of friends that have done the same. It's all about personal prefference, really. I think you would be very pleased in the outcome!

CajunDodge 03-02-2011 07:20 PM

I agree, it is a matter of personal choice and I personally like the badges, I even added some to the inside, too, lol, but either way, you have a nice looking truck! :smileup:

- Cajun

sk8noregon 03-02-2011 07:48 PM

One more time ! It is about your personal preference. I myself love the 3rd Gen badges that are on my truck ! They are very clean looking, you could also consider leaving them on and maybe doing a transparent color match to your truck ?

CdnoilRAM 03-02-2011 07:59 PM

I love the debadged look, so I say go for it. Be careful when using the heat gun that you don't bubble the paint, I prefer a hair dryer when doing this, but if you've got a variable temperature/fan speed gun, then go for it.

DeputyNelson 03-03-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 459289)
I love the debadged look, so I say go for it. Be careful when using the heat gun that you don't bubble the paint, I prefer a hair dryer when doing this, but if you've got a variable temperature/fan speed gun, then go for it.

My heat gun I have does have variable speeds thankfully. I'm not to worried about messing it up, I managed to take off the decals of an old squad car the other week and didn't break anything! :smiley_thumbs_up:

984wdram 03-03-2011 04:01 AM

if youre talking about the sticker badges, its prolly be a lot easier to get an eraser wheel and go to em. a whole lot easier. post a pic when u get done, cuz im thinkin bout doin it to mine.

moparmanicac 03-03-2011 05:04 PM

IMO I love the dodge 4x4 on the back of 2nd gens and 3rd gen Dakotas so Id say no but like everyone else said its up to you

SCHP52Ram 03-22-2011 10:45 AM

I debadge the sides of my truck and moved the RAM and Hemi to the rear at the bottom of the tailgate on each side. Truck looks a lot better on the sides and it gives it that clean look.:smileup:

StevePG 03-22-2011 11:06 AM

+1 on the eraser wheel. I used a blow dryer and the wheel and it was quick and painless.