DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Things us customers want dealerships to know. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=75770)

bones06 03-01-2011 11:14 AM

Things us customers want dealerships to know.

Ok since the service sides list was posted, here is what I think most of us customers would like them to adhere to. There is always two sides to every argument!

1) If you are working on an exterior issue, you have NO reason to look through my center console/glove box.

2) We do NOT like seeing your greasy fingerprints on our ceiling, or any other place in the truck

3) If you are working on one issue and happen to spot another, don't tell us you don't have time to do it today, and that since its not a safety issue it can wait. Do it while you have it apart.

4) If you must listen to my radio, change it back to where it was and DON'T leave the volume so loud.

5) Just because we are not mechanics, does not mean we are imagining noises, after all we are in our vehicle much more than you.

6) Don't assume we caused the issue by abusing the vehicle, after all maybe the dumbass at the factory actually did screw up, or the part was originally defective.

7) If you know it is going to take more than the time you tell us thats fine, but DON'T call us 30 minutes prior to close and say it will be one or two more days. I have the truck for transportation, therefore I appreciate a notice so I may arrange for alternate transportation.

8) We know you deal with alot of idiots lacking common sense, but talk to me like I'm intelligent until I give you a reason to believe otherwise.

9) Just because there is a bag of snacks in there DOESN'T mean I want your hands in it. This also holds true to the mountain of change that is in the box, it is mine and not yours.

10) We come in hoping to get help and have a good attitude to start, but when you dick us around time after time, we will get an angry.

11) We DO NOT expect you to kiss our ass, but after all we did pay a huge amount of money for something and therefore expect to get what we paid for.

12) Most importantly, you are in a SERVICE position therefore act like it. If you do not like dealing with angry, stupid, lazy, or people just plain lacking common sense than get another job!

RamTech 03-01-2011 11:31 AM

1. This isn't always true. Sometimes we need to look through your owners manual for info that isn't published for us online.

2. You're absolutely right. If a tech gets it dirty, they should clean it up!

3. This happens? What kind of pinhead passes up a chance to make more money? It's different if parts have to be ordered.

4. Unless they're working on a radio related issue, there's no reason to mess with the customers radio other than to turn it off.

5. True, but intermittent noises can be a bitch to duplicate.

6. Personally, I've very rarely played the abuse card and never without proof.

7. Most of the time this can be avoided but once in a while it can't.

8. Absolutely!

9. I agree, but this comes back to not leaving anything in your vehicle.

10. Most customers don't come in with bad attitudes but some do.

11. Agreed. Just don't place unreasonable expectations on us. This happens more than you'd think.

12. This is why I'm a technician and not a service advisor!

bones06 03-01-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTech (Post 457772)
1. This isn't always true. Sometimes we need to look through your owners manual for info that isn't published for us online.

2. You're absolutely right. If a tech gets it dirty, they should clean it up!

3. This happens? What kind of pinhead passes up a chance to make more money? It's different if parts have to be ordered.

4. Unless they're working on a radio related issue, there's no reason to mess with the customers radio other than to turn it off.

5. True, but intermittent noises can be a bitch to duplicate.

6. Personally, I've very rarely played the abuse card and never without proof.

7. Most of the time this can be avoided but once in a while it can't.

8. Absolutely!

9. I agree, but this comes back to not leaving anything in your vehicle.

10. Most customers don't come in with bad attitudes but some do.

11. Agreed. Just don't place unreasonable expectations on us. This happens more than you'd think.

12. This is why I'm a technician and not a service advisor!

I definitely feel for you and SOME of the advisors, I've seen some real stupid/nasty people in the service areas. I'm sure there are alot of good dealerships when it comes to service, but unfortunately I haven't found one yet lol! I hope you don't think I'm bashing you guys, I think you know why I posted this concerning the recent issues I've pm'd you about. It's ashame that I have experienced every problem on my list at two of my local Dodge dealerships, but I think it's because they are both owned by the same guy;)......I just hope I don't unintentionally go into a new dealership with the negative attitude I have from these recent experiences!

RamTech 03-01-2011 12:53 PM

You may be right about the two dealers you're talking about because attitude reflects leadership. Most of the stuff you mentioned is common sense stuff that service people already know but don't give a damn about.

The shape the industry is in right now has led to a lot of don't-give-a-shit attitudes and from my perspective it's easy to see why. Service departments are being forced into doing more with less and many of us haven't seen pay raises in a very long time.

None of this excuses poor service but I do understand why it's becoming commonplace. And it's not just in our line of work but in customer service jobs everywhere. Example - I took a friend to buy a new TV last night and we went to one of the two Walmarts here in town. The guy in the electronics department had zero knowledge of the TV's they had (except to say "that's a good one". No shit, for $1788, it better be). He was also lazy, inept, misinformed and unwilling to try to help so we left the store empty handed. Fast forward to the other Walmart across town. What a difference! The guy here was knowledgable, helpful and went the extra mile to help my friend find exactly what she wanted in the price range she needed. He spent at least 30 minutes explaining the various features, pluses and minuses of each model she was considering and the extended warranty options. Needless to say we left with a shiny new TV that fit her budget.

huntergreen 03-01-2011 07:41 PM

ram tech, first you sound like a great tech, second, the problems you mention, no raise, do more with less is not the customers problem. i work in an emergency room and have to deal with the same problems. this being said, i never have had a problem with the dealership i use.

BRYFRY 03-01-2011 08:12 PM

Good stuff!

I'll also add:

-If YOU break something, or strip a lug because YOU used the wrong socket on the impact wrench, don't try and play it off like "it was already like that" and charge me extra to fix/correct your mistake.

-Please let me know about the 6" long 3" wide gouge you took out of my paint when pulling off the lift, BEFORE I've already payed and am about to drive off.

-I know it's the norm to stick the new kids on simple tire duty, but please make sure they can at least read a tire gage first. I don't like having the tires on one side aired up to 47 psi, and set to 25 psi on the other.

....I think Ramtech sounds like a good guy with a good work ethic, but most of the service I've received around here has been terrible!

JHamilton 03-01-2011 08:23 PM

Whenever I have an issue it is with the service advisor. Usually, IF I'm allowed to talk to a tech, we can sort it out. At a minimum we both end up with a better understanding of the problem.

CdnoilRAM 03-01-2011 08:55 PM

Randy, wanna move to Calgary, you can be my tech :smileup:

Ram15002ndgen 03-01-2011 10:29 PM

All very good points. The incompetence of so many people in so many fields is unbelievable. So many advisers have so little knowledge about any given problem how can they honestly call themselves "Advisers" when they can't really give advice on anything. Service writer is a much better title because that is all they can do.

Randy, a lot of people haven't gotten raises. My wife and I haven't gotten a raise in 3 maybe 4 years, yet the government keeps raising out taxes so THEY can have raises.

I'll give you guys a good laugh. My wife's car had a flat so I went to get it fixed over the weekend. Got the flat fixed, but also got the rim ruined! The idiot tire guy put a 1 millimeter deep groove all the way around the face of the rim. Then gives it back to me and says he doesn't know anything about that. That is where we wind up getting bad attitudes because we don't know what idiot we are going to be dealing with.

Allstate48 03-02-2011 06:18 AM

I've had better experience in the service area, than the showroom. Why try and made the service guy mad? Good luck Doug