DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   1999 Ram 1500 318 Questions (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=75837)

ktm1217 03-01-2011 10:23 PM

1999 Ram 1500 318 Questions

Hey, I recently bought my first truck, a 1999 Ram 1500 4x4 regular cab, short bed with the 318 and a 5spd trans. The only things I know of that the truck has done to it are a flowmaster dual exhaust, and a 5' lift kit. It did not pass inspection bc it is in need of a track bar, stabilizer link, and a front wheel bearing. What would be the cost of these parts? And how much of a difference is noticed with the throttle body spacers? Im lookin at buyin an Air-Raid Power-Aid Spacer...

98redbull2 03-02-2011 12:32 PM

your lookin at a little over a couple hundred from oriely's auto thats where i looked it all up and alot of guys say the TB spacers are expensive paper weights so i wouldnt bother ive never tried em but im goin with what alot of people have to say about em lol.
Do the TB mod and a DIY intake much easier and less expensive for more than what a tb spacer would do.

green machine 03-03-2011 06:27 PM

wheel hubs

I just replaced my wheel hubs (wheel bearings) a short while ago got them at Auto Zone the ran $130 each but beware the front end on these things is like friggin concrete!!!!! If its the sway bar link arm u r talkin about it is like $20 at auto Zone as well. I was also lookin at doing a tbs and was told that because it is a fuel injected engine that it is useless....
I have a 94 same as yours

sapper7 03-05-2011 10:16 AM

Don't do the spacer. It's a waste of money. Be better off modifying the air intake to compensate for the mod exhaust. You get more bang for the buck.

ktm1217 03-21-2011 07:56 PM

Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna be skippin the TBS because I havent really heard to many good things about em lol as for the parts she needed, it turns out the mechanice at the local shop I took it to didnt know what he was talkin about. The truck doesnt need the track bar, but I did get the wheel bearing done. Now I just have to do the passenger side sway bar link, and invest in some fender flares because PA inspectors dont like how far my tires stick out lol

98redbull2 03-22-2011 07:33 AM

sounds to me they just like to bicker lol tell em to :shutup:

Dennyboy 03-22-2011 08:48 AM

so glad i don't have inspections i wouldn't pass haha. exhaust is illegal, tires stick out

ktm1217 03-22-2011 04:25 PM

haha yeah theyre a pain now too, theyre gettin alot more picky about stuff. I took it to a Kost Tire Shop and they complained about every little thing, and some of the stuff they were wrong about lol like they told me my parking brake doesnt work right bc it comes back up when you engage it, which all the second gens do this. Then they said my rockers are rotted out, which they maybe have a small dime-size hole, but nothin major at all. There were a few other things too. So instead, I took it to a different local shop and they only told me I needed a wheel bearing, a stabilizer link, and then the flares. He also said my trucks a cop-magnet because 1: its sits so high 2:Im a young kid driving it and 3: its loud lol but once I get the flares on there, I just need the links done and shell be all squared away...

984wdram 03-23-2011 01:47 AM

we dont have inspections here, thank god. but i got my sway bar end links, pair of them, for 23 bucks i think at oreilly. took all of about 15-20 minuted to do them.