DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Good deal on tires at Pepboys running until Mar 12 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=76079)

starquestbd22 03-04-2011 09:48 PM

Good deal on tires at Pepboys running until Mar 12

Just thought I would post this up for anyone in the market. I have no affiliation with Pepboys...never even been there...but this is a pretty good deal.

Pepboys has a buy 3 get 1 free going on select tires until March 12 I think. I called them today and basically you have to pay full price for four tires plus installation and their road hazard warranty up front. But then you will receive a Visa cash card in the mail in the amount of one tire. I checked on Cooper Zeon LTZs in 275/60/20. The total with installation and the road hazard was $963. But then you get $207 back so it's actually only $757. That's not bad considering www.treadepot.com is right at $900 with road hazard plus you still have to get them installed. And the cheapest set I saw on Ebay is $792 with free shipping. Once again, still gotta pay for install and no road hazard. And the cheapest set I found locally (in Northwestern NC) is $920 installed without road hazard. Hope this is useful to someone. You can log on to their site to see what all tires this is good for. I wasn't looking to buy this soon but I'm thinking awfully hard about it.

Happy shopping!

Toms Blue Ram 1500 03-04-2011 10:06 PM

Been doing some tire shopping myself . I have checked them out already .

starquestbd22 03-04-2011 11:58 PM

Without this sale Pepboys is certainly not the cheapest but with it they are the cheapest I have found by quite a bit. You found any cheaper?

starquestbd22 03-10-2011 04:36 PM

**UPDATE...NEW INFO**

Well I called Pepboys today to order my Zeon LTZs in stock size. He tells me the total will be $1077 before rebate ($870 after)!! I told him that I had previously asked for a total and been told $963. He says yeah, that's about right before tax. Why the hell would someone give me a total without tax? So I checked around and ended up ordering them from the discounttiredirect ebay store for $752 shipped. My local tire place is only 5 minutes away (versus an hour and a half to Pepboys) and they are going to charge me $80 for valve stems, mount, and balance for a total of $832. Minus the $100 I am selling my old tires for.

I'm not getting the road hazard warranty but that's a fair trade to me to not have to find 4 hours and spend $50 in gas to get tires installed. This way I can drop my truck off and let them do it while I am at work. Hopefully have them on at the end of next week.