DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   how to protect my interior? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=76271)

jdRAM88 03-06-2011 07:47 PM

how to protect my interior?

hello everyone i know a person who has a 4 gen ram and is starting to experence some discolouring on the armrest of his truck like the colour is starting to rub off... what can i do to prevent this from happening to my truck?

erone 03-07-2011 03:56 PM

I want to know too I haven't seen the post about it, maybe tinting the windows I know the sun will fade the inside like my old Oldsmobile did.

moparornocar72 03-07-2011 11:30 PM

Maybe if you know someone that can sew good they could make a wrap over the top of it in some wet suit type material, maybe make it a little more comfortable as well.

JHamilton 03-08-2011 10:06 AM

That vinyl should be a consistent color all the way through. Are you sure it is discoloration and not arm funk? Could need a good cleaning.

Otherwise, the console cozy sounds like a great idea. :smileup:

xopt1js 03-08-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdRAM88 (Post 463064)
hello everyone i know a person who has a 4 gen ram and is starting to experence some discolouring on the armrest of his truck like the colour is starting to rub off... what can i do to prevent this from happening to my truck?

Stop spilling your Blue Star or Black Horse all over it. I know it's not Dominion stAle cause that will take the chrome off a trailer hitch. I kid I kid............:LOL:

This used to happen in my old car and sure enough it turned out to be discolouration from smoke and an arm being there all the time.

A good cleaning should do the trick, if not, a dealer trip would be my next step. :smileup:

Pull Ya 03-08-2011 11:33 PM

E-mail me and I will send you a picture of something my wife made to cover the console.
jayaspen@aol.com
Jay

jdRAM88 03-15-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xopt1js (Post 465634)
Stop spilling your Blue Star or Black Horse all over it. I know it's not Dominion stAle cause that will take the chrome off a trailer hitch. I kid I kid............:LOL:

This used to happen in my old car and sure enough it turned out to be discolouration from smoke and an arm being there all the time.

A good cleaning should do the trick, if not, a dealer trip would be my next step. :smileup:

HAHHA never thought of that... could be the newfie screech too...... but im prety sure that would eat right down thru the truck

erm 03-15-2011 05:04 PM

Try a good cleaning then some 3M ScotchGuard protectant. It will help to repel the dirt and grease that can accumulate on certain areas of your interior.

hotkarl 03-20-2011 08:17 PM

You should not have any discoloration on any new vehicle for at least a few years.
Otherwise, sounds like it could be a defect and should be looked at by the dealer.