DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   White Lightning (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=76502)

Scott714 03-08-2011 07:36 PM

White Lightning

The truck not moonshine haha. Saw one turn on the long stretch of ramp to the expressway today and jump on it. I turned and floored it and was pulling towards him hard until I hit the speed limiter . I looked down quick and it was over 100 not sure exactly but dam it got there quick. We both got off at the same ramp and nodded. I need more top end !! I know he could beat me I just wanted to have some fun. It was a gen 2 supercharged lightning.

Muddbog 03-08-2011 07:54 PM

Diablo Sport has something to fix that...

Scott714 03-08-2011 08:00 PM

I need it ...Is that the brand you recommend?

Muddbog 03-08-2011 08:12 PM

A co-worker of mine has the Diablo Sport Predator on his Magnum and he swears by it. I asked him a few days ago if we could hook it up to my truck so I could test it out and see if this is really the one I want. I hope he brings it in tomorrow!

He did tell me that the Diablo Sport Trinity is not as good as it sounds. You still have to turn the vehicle off to change major settings, however, some changes can be done on-the-fly!

Downfall with Diablo Sport is that you need a separate module ($50) to hook it up to the Computer to update and install new tunes. But top of the line from what I understand. especially if you plan on alot of mods! Alot more options you can change with Diablo Sport.

I guess it all depends on what you want out of it. I can give you more info after I test the Predator.

Scott714 03-08-2011 08:18 PM

Yes. Thanks. Keep me posted on your test results please. Hooked you up on some rep too!!

Muddbog 03-09-2011 02:03 PM

well unfortunately I was not able to use the Diablosport yet. We had a problem uploading the tune to the programmer so he is going to call the Rep and see if they will help out. My co-worker said I won't be disappointed with it but he said that the Diablosport Trinity is the best out there.

I will let you know if we get it working.

TheSatinPumpkin 03-09-2011 03:08 PM

DSP is a REAL beast on the 4G's and LX'ers.

Scott714 03-09-2011 07:42 PM

Well I don't know if it has something to do with the high speed but this morning my tire pressure system has malfunctioned and I have to make a trip to the dealer. The passenger back tire has -- for a reading.

RamTex 03-11-2011 01:49 PM

Well scott you should also look into Longtube headers there is a 4.7 thread in our venders section under American Racing Headers. They need more folks on their list so ARH's will build and design a set for 4.7li's. And yeah either superchips or Diablosport is a good choice i would go with the Diablo personally.

PorkChop 03-11-2011 02:14 PM

i have a DSP and have seen HUGE gains! love it! cant wait to get a custom tune with it at a dyno, have beeen told the gains are unbelievable