DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Never posted any kills before. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=76696)

rsg1963 03-10-2011 02:54 PM

Never posted any kills before.

Well, I'm not sure how this is supposed to work but I do have a win that happened last week. Three lanes both directions with wide median. It's about 3 miles long with about 8 stop lights breaking things up and a long distance between most lights (minimum is about 1/8 mile). I am lined up at the front of one light with a Grand Cherokee V8, and a Chrysler minivan. (Yes, I realize nobody can win against a minivan no matter the results)
The two were playing race-to-the-next-light before I showed up next to them. I could not resist and did a 3/4 power run for the next set. One guy noticed and laughed (Jeep Guy), the other guy was too into his racing a Jeep to look to his right and even see what I was doing. The next light, I rolled into the intersection to avoid wheel hop (stupid dually) and then hammered it. Anyone that has a Cummins knows about the 'extra kick' you get when you really ask for it. By the time I was through the intersection I was caught up, about 100 feet later I was passing them, (minivan dude finally noticed now, mostly because he was beating the Jeep and was all excited looking forward) and I continued to pull away the entire time until the next light, where I PacBrake'd and idled to a calm right turn like most diesels do. Right and proper. It was very satisfying knowing this dually should never be doing anything like this and does not look like it even could. Hard to explain that feeling. Well, maybe not on this thread. ;-)

CdnoilRAM 03-10-2011 05:47 PM

Hehe, can't complain about that. I know the feeling of the 'turbo-kick' and it justs makes you feel so good when you're forced into your seat by all that torque... though I'm surprised to hear about your wheel hop, shouldn't happen in a dually, have you checked the inner tire pressure lately?

RedRam10 03-14-2011 03:35 PM

all thumbs :smileup::smileup::smileup::smileup: :smileup::smileup::smileup::smileup:

GeauxHunting 03-14-2011 03:40 PM

Sweet kill man!!!!

rsg1963 03-14-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 467523)
Hehe, can't complain about that. I know the feeling of the 'turbo-kick' and it justs makes you feel so good when you're forced into your seat by all that torque... though I'm surprised to hear about your wheel hop, shouldn't happen in a dually, have you checked the inner tire pressure lately?

Thanks for the thumbs up everyone. I really had no idea how to post that. It was both funny and fun.

Wheel hop. I've had that since I bought it. Old tires, new tires, 65 psi, 80 psi. Really noticeable in snow or sand. So bad that I have to idle it or the hop will begin. Violent axle wrap if I did not know better, but unloaded and with only barely touching the throttle it will do it. (in snow or sand that is, not normal driving)

Axle wrap (that I remember) is normally only when you hit it with some juice. Not the case here. I just chalked it up to duallies behaving badly.

I'd love to be able to nail it from a stop and not feel like I was detroying my axle as I crossed the intersections. God forbid I hit a bump during the first 3-400 feet. Slam! Bam!... Damn! lol.

yamifz1 03-14-2011 11:02 PM

Sweet kill, even better when you are not really trying and you blow them away.

brad12kx 03-14-2011 11:51 PM

That is a great story! WTG! :smileup:

moparmanicac 03-15-2011 12:00 AM

To many people dont respect diesel for its speed as well as pure hauling stuff and towing power I would kill for a little CTD in a 1500 nice kill!

rsg1963 03-15-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moparmanicac (Post 472132)
To many people dont respect diesel for its speed as well as pure hauling stuff and towing power I would kill for a little CTD in a 1500 nice kill!

CTD in a 1500 FTW! Make mine a Megacab, 8' bed, beefed up suspension/axles, perm AWD version to put the power to the road, wide tires, Laramie with massive brakes and engine sound insulation and dual 4" exhaust. (Insert picture of Homer Simpson drooling). I just O'd.