DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   A sad day for me and grizzly... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=76820)

GeauxHunting 03-11-2011 06:07 PM

A sad day for me and grizzly...

After I spent all day pampering my baby, changed her oil, cleaned the engine bay, and clay barred the whole truck, I heard news that I never wanted to hear. My dad is getting laid off from his new job already and he will have to go back to working construction which means he needs my Ram. It's very upsetting, I've become so attached to my truck and have put so much time into taking care of it and modding it. I will still be able to take the truck out occasionally, but it will no longer be mine. I have spent almost all money I had on that truck so I have nothing saved up to buy another. For the time being I will be driving a Dodge Durango. Hopefully if I work full time all summer I might be able to afford another used Ram by this time next year, but since my Dad is losing his job I may have to help with bills again. I can't even imagine what its going to feel like handing over the keys, for good. I have had so many memories with this truck and even though it's not the prettiest, most decked out jacked up Ram, all of my friends loved it and we had so much fun with it. I don't know what else to say really. I am definitely going to stay on the forums, but I may not be here as often. I would just like to thank everyone here on the forums that have helped me with my truck and making it what it is now. I guess that's about it. :/

erm 03-11-2011 06:12 PM

Hang in there, Dillon. Stuff happens, good and bad (ask me how I know....) but eventually it moves back to the good side of the ledger.

You are always welcome here and in chat, buddy!

GeauxHunting 03-11-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOG (Post 468575)
Hang in there, Dillon. Stuff happens, good and bad (ask me how I know....) but eventually it moves back to the good side of the ledger.

You are always welcome here and in chat, buddy!

Yeah, I know things will get better, but I'm still losing my truck and there is nothing I can do about it.

RamTech 03-11-2011 06:19 PM

If the Durango is gonna be yours, you might consider modding it!

GeauxHunting 03-11-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTech (Post 468580)
If the Durango is gonna be yours, you might consider modding it!

Hahaha! If I did anything to that thing it would be tint and 2 12" subs. It has the same engine as my ram and I'm pretty sure it's faster too. I'd rather just save the money and try to find a good deal on a 4x4 Ram and start from there. I really want to get back into wheeling and I would love to have a 4x4 Ram. I only have about $300 to my name right now so I don't think I could find a decent truck for that :LOL:

erm 03-11-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeauxHunting (Post 468576)
Yeah, I know things will get better, but I'm still losing my truck and there is nothing I can do about it.

Yup...I totally understand. Nothing you can control about the situation but you are still affected by it. It's frustrating and you wonder what you did wrong to be treated like that.

Well, ya did nuthin' wrong and it is what it is. Don't let it get ya down. Hold your head up, understand why it has to happen and do the best ya can.

We are here for ya when ya need to let off some steam, rant a bit or just share how yer doin', buddy.

Stusmobile 03-11-2011 07:13 PM

I feel your pain, my $7000 savings towards my truck got shrunk to about $1100 by unexpected emergency medical bills. It sucks but you have to get back up and give life a kick in the testicles and tell it you ain't done with it yet.

CdnoilRAM 03-11-2011 07:16 PM

Sorry to hear that Dillon, I know it's hard losing a vehicle... once handed over the keys to my 420HP '01 Sunfire GTX (it was high school, leave me alone :gy:) to my parents when I went to university. Remember, a Durango is the same as a dakota, so there's plenty of mod potential there.

GeauxHunting 03-11-2011 07:19 PM

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to even bother with the Durango. It has a premium sound system already. I think all I will do is tint the windows and stat saving up for another Ram. Or I might just rob a bank and buy a powerwagon and a R/T.

erm 03-11-2011 07:33 PM

Holler at Paris, Dillon. She's always up for a good bank robbery! ;)