DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Key Fob Operation. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=76841)

Arctic Owl 03-11-2011 08:51 PM

Key Fob Operation.

:thk: If any of you guys are having problems with your "Key Fob" working correctly to remote 'Unlock ' your doors, you might want to try something I did this evening that seems to be working for me.
The 'Remote Lock' was working intermittently for me & was getting VERY frustrating. Tonight, I took the Fob apart & cleaned up the battery around the edges with a fine file & reassembled. The 'Lock Unlock' feature has not worked so well since new. I will try it for a couple of weeks & let you all know if the problem is fixed for good.
I also found that the "Tip Start" feature was not working all the time. Will see if cleaning the battery contacts have fixed this problem also. Just thought some of you might be interested in my findings.

Reg: bananalama:

RedRam10 03-11-2011 10:09 PM

Thanks for the tip I'll have to try that as I'm having the same issue. I've read there is a service bulletin for it. Maybe someone will confirm.

deepblue 03-11-2011 10:10 PM

Thanks, will give that a shot. Mine acts up about twice a week.:smileup:

AKFossil 03-11-2011 10:26 PM

This seems to be the common cure or at least workaround. Wonder if the fob itself is a wee bit more sensitive then we though when we just smash it in our pockets.

squeeler 03-11-2011 10:52 PM

Same problem here wd 40 works great need to do every couple of months.

Greg50Lt 03-11-2011 11:00 PM

Not sure if you guys know this but I found this out when messing with my key fob. If you press the lock button and then press it a 2nd time and hold it the windows go down automatically.

gwidener350z 03-12-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg50Lt (Post 468958)
Not sure if you guys know this but I found this out when messing with my key fob. If you press the lock button and then press it a 2nd time and hold it the windows go down automatically.

It's actually the unlock button. Cool feature, I also have it on my Nissan.

Greg

flip16 03-12-2011 06:52 PM

thanks for the tip.....sweet! its magic any other cool tid-bits?

leperkhaun 03-15-2011 03:20 PM

RedRam10 Suggested this to me. Im going to give it a try tonight at home and see if it works.

Leviathan 03-16-2011 12:54 AM

Rolling them back up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg50Lt (Post 468958)

I had this on my Beemer also (traded it for the Ram). The thing is, on the BMW you could put your key in the door lock and if you locked it and held it there the windows would roll back up. Is there any way to do that for the Rams without getting inside the truck?