DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Water under the backseat of a 2007 Ram (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=77006)

tks07ram 03-13-2011 04:57 PM

Water under the backseat of a 2007 Ram

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram. Last night I opened up the storage compartment under my rear seat and found about 2 inches of water in the compartment. Pulled it in the garage this morning and have pretty much determined that it is leaking around the rear window somewhere. I have the power sliding rear window. Has anyone else had this probelm that could give me an idea where to start?

98sst 03-15-2011 04:30 AM

Boy 2 inches of water sounds very rapid considering it was overnight. One would assume this leak would be fairly obvious. The only way I could think of (or how I would do it) is to just wash my truck and see where the heck it would come from Lol. Other than that i'm clueless.

bones06 03-24-2011 09:22 AM

I had the exact issue last year on my 08. They removed and resealed my rear window but that didn't fix the issue for me. The next time it went in they found that the air exchange vents behind the rear seats were warped and letting water in. If you go outside your truck and look at the space between the outside rear cab and the front of the truck bed you will see a black louvered vent on both sides. Hope this helps, as thats where my water was coming from.

brad12kx 03-24-2011 09:36 AM

Also check your high level brake light. If it's loose or has a bad gasket, it will allow water to drain into seat wells. :(

RedRam10 03-24-2011 09:40 AM

I had the issue in my 06 and found leaks at the rear window and brake light.

Drop by the newbie section and introduce yourself.

A big hello and a warm Carolina welcome. I hope you enjoy the best RAM ForumZ.:Hey:

tks07ram 03-24-2011 09:44 AM

Thanks guys. I am gonna check my third brake light first because I recently put a replacement third brake light in I bet that's it

05atlanticblue 03-25-2011 03:36 AM

my third brake light leaked on my truck. i shop vac'd almost two gallons of water from the under seat compartment. put a thin film of clear rtv and havent had an issue since. hoping the bulbs don't burn out now...

cableman 10-01-2011 11:49 AM

Figured id post my findings on my water leaks. I too had water on the drivers side rear storage compartment.

My sunroof needed to be adjusted cause one side went down too far and let too much water in for the drains to handle.

The driverside sun roof drain would not let water out unless you poked at it between the bed where it come out. I snipped a small piece off with a scissor.

Now the rear power window would fill and not drain. I found the drains! Their about 6.5"'s from the windows end. I took a small straw which fit inside my air gun and blew in the track under the cable, this is where the drains are. You will be able to here the air rushing outside. I also black siliconed the bottom corners of the exterior seal which let less water in.

I am now leak free:smileup:

MrG 11-11-2011 05:36 PM

water in rear under back passenger side

i bought a 2008 Ram 1500 Big horn 7 months ago recently and found water in the compartmet under the rear passenger seat the seat dosn,t get wet just the storage under.

maybz 11-12-2011 09:41 PM

I have the same problem. Just pulled out the cable to clear drain holes and now my slider cable is screwed up. Is there an easy way to get to the motor without pulling out the back seat? Thanks