DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (
-   -   Plenum Gasket? (

toddrod 03-16-2011 01:09 AM

Plenum Gasket?
Hi everyone, I'm almost embarrassed to ask this, but is there another name for the plenum gasket? I was looking through my chilton's manual in order to learn about it and can't find it anywhere.

brad12kx 03-16-2011 01:23 AM

They may call it the 'Intake manifold' instead of 'plenum'. :)

sinned 03-16-2011 05:41 PM

Its technically the lower intake plenum gasket.

Ram15002ndgen 03-16-2011 10:03 PM

Chilton or Haynes will not directly address the issue with replacing just the plenum gasket. You have to look under the "Engine Overhaul" section to get the diagrams, pictures and procedures you will need. They do a complete engine breakdown in the Haynes.

spockmckoy 06-25-2012 07:20 PM

some pics of plenum area
3 Attachment(s)
Hi, I bought the Hughes engines plenum gasket repair kit and have just gotten to the point where all the old is removed. I did break 1 bolt off and am waiting for reverse drill bits to arrive before I tackle that. I have seen some pics where guys engines look brand new while replacing the gasket. I can say my engine looks old/tired at just 53k miles; 2002.

huntergreen 06-26-2012 04:59 PM

and here i thought the plenum gasket was something you would pick up on the way back from a "snipe" hunt.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
= Copyright a Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger