DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Warranty Issues (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   2011 Ram 1500 rust issue (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=77602)

dolphinsfan 03-19-2011 07:34 PM

2011 Ram 1500 rust issue

I have actually 2 issues. There is a small dime size rust spot just above the exhaust pipe on the panted panel, not visable unless you get down and look, not visable walking around the truck. Salt is not an issue I live in Florida. Is it covered, I can't tell from my warrenty info.

Second, now that the heat is back, my brand new bed liner has warped and looks like shiz. Is that normal, and is that covered?

Rec 26 03-20-2011 10:00 AM

Your not the only one. I'm in Ft. Stewart over by Savannah and on my right/front tow hook I already got rust on there and where the wiper arms connect to the wiper arm motor, that piece also has rust. I mentioned it on both of the survey's that Ram has sent out but I don't know if anything will happen from it.

Is your bed liner a MOPAR product and did you get it with your Ram? If so, then it will be under warrenty. And about the rust spots... I really do not know. It should be. Doesn't hurt to take it over there and ask. I got to do likewise sometime next week when I take my Charger to the dealership to get an oil change.

canadianram11 07-26-2011 09:13 PM

my 2011 ram has rusted chrome bumpers already....I've had the truck 5 months. My dealer ordered new bumpers under warranty for me.....now if they would just replace my tires....

ArmyofOne 07-28-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rec 26 (Post 477116)
Your not the only one. I'm in Ft. Stewart over by Savannah and on my right/front tow hook I already got rust on there and where the wiper arms connect to the wiper arm motor, that piece also has rust. I mentioned it on both of the survey's that Ram has sent out but I don't know if anything will happen from it.

Is your bed liner a MOPAR product and did you get it with your Ram? If so, then it will be under warrenty. And about the rust spots... I really do not know. It should be. Doesn't hurt to take it over there and ask. I got to do likewise sometime next week when I take my Charger to the dealership to get an oil change.

Might wanna see about having them subtract the price of what the bedliner costs new, paying the difference and having them spray one on. Problem with the plastic ones is if one warps, they all will.

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianram11 (Post 577081)
my 2011 ram has rusted chrome bumpers already....I've had the truck 5 months. My dealer ordered new bumpers under warranty for me.....now if they would just replace my tires....

Tires will typically be replaced until 10k miles, after that they get pro-rated. Meaning they (seriously) discount new tires for you, based off of the treadlife remaining on your old ones...IF the old ones are defective. Discounts can be up to 70% per tire.

snrusnak 07-28-2011 08:24 AM

Rust should be covered, most manufacturers have like a 100,000 mile rust and corrosion warranty that is standard...look into it. The bedliner I don't know, they all warp, if it has any warranty it probably says something like "excludes normal fading/slight warping..."

GT Fan 08-03-2012 09:18 PM

I'm very interested in the corrosion issues. Living in MN rust is like cancer. Corrosion protection for me may be a deal breaker for buying a new truck. Ford has an unlimited corrosion warranty.

1ofakind 10-17-2012 10:02 PM

i think i read about the rust and corrosion in my warranty, should be 3 year warranty on all sheet metal

Emorris69 10-30-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT Fan (Post 856999)
I'm very interested in the corrosion issues. Living in MN rust is like cancer. Corrosion protection for me may be a deal breaker for buying a new truck. Ford has an unlimited corrosion warranty.

Who cares if the corrosion is unlimited your driving a uncomfortable under powered pile of shit.
But on the rust spots my dealer body guy told me its rocks they cause little chips in the paint and they fix them as long as it doesn't look like you did it your self i.e. off-road collisions with rocks and debris

Rec 26 10-30-2012 06:35 PM

Another issue that popped up right before I deployed and it's gotten worse since... my hinges on both the front left and right doors are rusted.

Emorris69 10-31-2012 07:04 AM

now thats not good. Do they make any noise? Cause I was told if you didnt keep them properly lubed they have a tendency to rust out because of the moving parts a wear zones