DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Leather seats (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=77771)

E220 03-21-2011 11:36 AM

Leather seats

hey guys

So my 2011 ram has everything but leather seats

Wondering if anyone knows a place I can get leather seats from which would not be to costly looking to spend about 1000 to 1500 bucks preferably the less of the amounts , even if anyone in Ontario canada knows a scrap yard who would have dodge where I could take out the seats

ramair18 03-21-2011 11:56 AM

I swapped out my stock seat covers (combination pleather and cloth/vinyl) for the Mopar/Katzkin "tuscany" leather package. Man is it nice and I am very happy! They allow any stitch colour, any embroidery and inserts or perforation. I also added the Mopar seat heater package at the time as the R/T didn't have a heated seat option (I did the console wiring and they did the seat heater as part of the leather swap).

The cool thing with this Mopar arrangement with Katzkin is that they add this to your vehicle VIN and do full warranty on it (even if you have extended warranty), so any issues are covered down the road. From order to install it was only 8 days, considering it came out of California and they waited a few days on me to get time off work for the install, that was pretty good for custom seats the way I wanted!

I went to Eastway Chrysler in Scarborough and paid $1100 CAD all in for my R/T 2 front seats (standard cab) in the premium Tuscany leather, which included installation. There are other lower cost leather or combo options btw. There are tons of colour swatches to choose from, including swede.

I think a Quad cab front and rear was $1400. Talk to Adam the parts manager and tell him Glen sent you and he will give you a good price :-)

E220 03-21-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramair18 (Post 478309)
I swapped out my stock seat covers (combination pleather and cloth/vinyl) for the Mopar/Katzkin "tuscany" leather package. Man is it nice and I am very happy! They allow any stitch colour, any embroidery and inserts or perforation. I also added the Mopar seat heater package at the time as the R/T didn't have a heated seat option (I did the console wiring and they did the seat heater as part of the leather swap).

The cool thing with this Mopar arrangement with Katzkin is that they add this to your vehicle VIN and do full warranty on it (even if you have extended warranty), so any issues are covered down the road. From order to install it was only 8 days, considering it came out of California and they waited a few days on me to get time off work for the install, that was pretty good for custom seats the way I wanted!

I went to Eastway Chrysler in Scarborough and paid $1100 CAD all in for my R/T 2 front seats (standard cab) in the premium Tuscany leather, which included installation. There are other lower cost leather or combo options btw. There are tons of colour swatches to choose from, including swede.

I think a Quad cab front and rear was $1400. Talk to Adam the parts manager and tell him Glen sent you and he will give you a good price :-)

can you post some pictures ?
I have the crew cab model

how long did it take to do the install ?

NUTSHEMI 03-21-2011 01:00 PM

My truck didnt have leather, I added the upgrade when I was getting the the truck. I went back to Dodge about I week after getting the truck to have it installed. It was about 2k dollar upgrade. Its Katzkins leather, I am pretty sure most Dodge dealers do the upgrade,

E220 03-21-2011 02:34 PM

yeah i want to get the leather upgrade

maybe going to do the front first Did not want to spend so much :(

CdnoilRAM 03-21-2011 02:47 PM

Order the Katzkins, you can normally find the basic sets on eBay for decent prices, or order then from the Mopar catalogue. The install can be done easily yourself, and you'd have nice leather seats. I had mine professionally installed for $2500CDN, but it can be done yourself. Wishing I'd done it myself, that's for sure.

E220 03-21-2011 02:49 PM

they sell it on ebay ? the install looks difficult i suck at hands on stuff like that lol

CdnoilRAM 03-21-2011 03:17 PM

actually, they install is pretty easy. the stock fabric is held on by J-clips that just pop off, slide the fabric off, and then put the new leather on using identical J-clips. Things like the center console have a zipper on them. Use a hairdryer to warm up the leather and it's really easy to work with. Headrests have a trick to them... put a plastic bag over them, then suck the air out with a vacuum, install cover, remove vacuum and it'll fill out itself.

Just search Katzkin + Dodge Ram on eBay, and you might be lucky and get a kit for your truck, look for a bit and you'll get what you want.

E220 03-21-2011 03:21 PM

YEAH IM GOING TO TRY THAT if i can get a nice set ill be so happy

CdnoilRAM 03-21-2011 03:42 PM

I was choked when a member on here found the exact same set as mine and installed them himself for a total of $800... compared to my $2400. :doh: