DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The third truck break in Seattle (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=77781)

uktitus 03-21-2011 03:37 PM

The third truck break in Seattle

We live back of the road with a drive then a gate to our house and garden.
The dog this morning gets me up just before 7[ he is a 12 yr old Doberman deaf and a few health issues which can keep us up through night, last night slept through] Let him out and I am looking through our bedroom which is on the ground floor and the truck is parked 12, 15 ft away and I see the drivers door is open so I go out look inside and someone has gone through all our personal stuff but nothing is stolen accept the truck title.

The other two truck break in's I lost a lot of tools and personal stuff so this time we were lucky, no damage either. Because the truck was on our property not on the road I rarely lock the truck so no broken windows to deal with.

A question for you knowledgable guys is it possible to alarm the truck without locking it or have a dual system or two systems one with the door locked and one not.

A funny sidebar quite awhile back while we slept and I can't remember how but we set the alarm off, you know that dozy state in half sleep I could hear an alarm but I did't realize it was our truck going the wife kept trying to tell me it was ours. "no not ours in my sleepy state" all right I'll check yes it was. I remember now the wife tried washing it in the machine thats what set if off, but the fob survived and still works to this day after a little dying.

CdnoilRAM 03-21-2011 04:44 PM

Lock your doors buddy! There's no kits out there I've ever heard of that will work with the doors unlocked.

uktitus 03-21-2011 05:08 PM

In this case glad I did't no damage to the truck, do when I am out but will lock the gate at night thats for sure.

98sst 03-21-2011 06:51 PM

I also live near seattle and my truck was broken into with some damage. My advice is lock your doors up and leave nothing of value inside. Go to cartoys (theres one in federal way) and see what they can do for alarms. I got one that has a screen that tells me when my alarm is going off and what caused it. That way you can determine if you need a bat or a gun when you go outside. Lol.

wermbang 03-21-2011 07:23 PM

Did they get the title or the registration? If the title was I would be reporting that real quick, as they could forge your name and you would be out a truck.

uktitus 03-21-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wermbang (Post 478566)
Did they get the title or the registration? If the title was I would be reporting that real quick, as they could forge your name and you would be out a truck.

Yes got the title that I think was the only thing,Phoned the police they came sooner than I expected but they can't do anything except file. Been in touch with California DMV where the truck is registered they are sending new forms to re register. The Iron gate will now be locked at night from now on. The lucky thing no damage.

erm 03-21-2011 09:04 PM

Time to lock the doors and I agree, I have not seen an alarm that works with the doors unlocked.

RedRam10 07-24-2011 07:00 PM

100000 volt stun gun attached to the stetting wheel!