DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New Mods on the WAY! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=77997)

Phillies3500 03-23-2011 05:09 PM

New Mods on the WAY!

Ordered my k&n intake, mbrp aluminzed exhaust no muffler:smileup:, and my diablo sport programmer. i have heard good things about all and i am excited to get them installed. the guy i spoke with on the phone said u should have gauges with a diablo programmer. is anyone running one without them?

erm 03-23-2011 05:14 PM

You should have gauges on a diesel to monitor EGT to avoid turbo meltdown at the very least. Boost pressure is another good one to be monitoring.

platinuminjected 03-23-2011 06:19 PM

sweet mods bud cant wait for the pics

Stangshcky12 03-23-2011 06:39 PM

My buddies run a diablo sport predator on a 60 hp tune for atleast 3 years now with out gauges in his 06 and another running a predator with 160 hp stacker tune in his 03 without guages. Its definitly one of the best tuners for your truck. As long as your not hammering on it for an hour and a half straight your not gonna cook your turbo. When your pouring out black smoke, your EGTs will go way up just ease up on the truck a little and you'll be safe.
What transmission do you have in your truck? Stock manual I wouldn't run more then the 60 hp tune cause your stock clutch will slip like nothing. Stock auto you can probably run the 100 hp/160hp occasionaley but I wouldnt recomend it all the time (you might be ok with the 100hp economy tune all the time, try it out and see how your transmission handles it)

Phillies3500 03-24-2011 12:05 AM

i have an automatic transmission stock. i was gonna have a cvi test run before i put everything on to make sure the trans is in good shape first. maybe get some new trans fluid if needed. my truck has 80k miles. will i be in good shape?

Stangshcky12 03-24-2011 12:28 AM

Theres no telling how your truck was treated before you had it so having it checked out cant hurt.
Play with the tunes to see what you and your truck like, the more power you add the more you have to baby your transmission. 60-100hp will be fine.

UltraFlame 03-24-2011 07:00 AM

Very nice Mod line-up. I bought an Edge programmer before I bought my DSP and I use the Edge now as a guage monitor on my dash. It shows my 1/4 mile and 0-60 times when I am playing but I normally have tach, speed, coolant temp, and tranny temp displayed when just driving.

Pull Ya 03-25-2011 01:08 PM

IMHO after owning 3 Dodge diesels and doing mod's to all of them I would NEVER mod a diesel without putting gauges on the truck first. Boost, Trans temp, EGT at a minimun. Also if you have any questions about your automatic trans you might write this name down--Goerend Transmissions. They build the best after market diesel trans on the market. Nothing cheap about them but they use billet parts and their trans are bullet proof and their customer service is second to none.
Jay

Phillies3500 04-08-2011 11:35 PM

installed my k&n intake the other day. took about 2 hours. kidna frustrating because i didnt have a 10mm wrench but in the end it worked out. whistle from the intake into the turbo is beyond belief. small noticable power increase. couldnt be happier with the set up. reccommend to all:smileup:

Stangshcky12 04-08-2011 11:44 PM

If your really wanna hear whistle take out your turbo silencer ring haha
Congrats, good luck with your exhaust!