DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Cummins Diesel Specific Topics (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   Thoughts on best deal on a clutch (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=78011)

CloneSaw 03-23-2011 08:09 PM

Thoughts on best deal on a clutch
 
I have an '01 Dodge 3/4ton. The throw out bearing is going out and am thinking about putting a new clutch in while i have everything apart. Any opinions or suggestions on the best clutch for the dollar. I priced one at the parts store- Sach clutch @ $310.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Toms Blue Ram 1500 03-23-2011 09:12 PM

Do you tow or haul heavy loads with it much ?

CloneSaw 03-23-2011 09:15 PM

Nope. Right now I just use it driving back and forth from school, work, and home. Don't plan on doing much heavy hauling. Maybe some livestock here and there.

baggs24v99 08-08-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloneSaw (Post 480744)
I have an '01 Dodge 3/4ton. The throw out bearing is going out and am thinking about putting a new clutch in while i have everything apart. Any opinions or suggestions on the best clutch for the dollar. I priced one at the parts store- Sach clutch @ $310.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hey I put a new clutch and throw out bearing in my 99 cummins a few months ago and I found a really good deal from Beansdiesel for a south bend rally clutch that came with all the nessecary parts including the throw out bearing. I did a ton of research on the company and the clutch and it was really well liked. It has done very well in my truck and I have put it through a lot since its been in. The whole set up cost (if I remember correctly) right around or a little over $500 well worth the extra cost though. I have done some pulling that was not recommended even for the truck but that clutch performed amazingly. It may be something to look into.

baggs24v99 08-08-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloneSaw (Post 480830)
Nope. Right now I just use it driving back and forth from school, work, and home. Don't plan on doing much heavy hauling. Maybe some livestock here and there.


That is what I use mine for. But that clutch is made for the everyday driver and has the capacity to do all the things that are not in the "plan" for the day. It is a heavy duty clutch for the everday driver.

baggs24v99 08-08-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toms Blue Ram 1500 (Post 480823)
Do you tow or haul heavy loads with it much ?

Yea for the last probly 2 months I have pulled quite a few trailers over 4 tons on the bumper and a couple goose necks with over 12 tons and recently pulled my buddy out of a bog in his 1 ton FORD daully up to the rocker panels in clay

jimwww 09-25-2011 12:31 PM

Has anyone installed a Centerforce? Mine will need a new clutch and rear end seal.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger