DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   4x4 Poser (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=78117)

ARMedNBangin 03-24-2011 08:10 PM

4x4 Poser

I fly out to work from a heliport. This morning when I arrived at the heliport, parked directly across from me was a truck similar to mine...year, 4x4, paint color, tires...everything was quite similar. As is probably evident from my thread titled, "Factory LIFT KIT??", I have a few questions at to the history of my suspension, so as I'm looking at this guy's truck, I see a solution to my suspension questions: Climb your ass under his truck and see what his looks like. Good idea, right? Well, when I got under there, I noticed that his suspension does NOT have the lift blocks, but wait.....he's not even a 4x4, despite the decals that are proudly platered on his truck.

Then, about an hour later, this different guy drives up in a GMC "Z71" to unload his baggage prior to going park his car. The GMC looks alright, single cab, probably a 6" lift or so, on some 35s....but if you look closely at the front axle, there's no differential or anything that would resemble 4x4 components. Isn't the "Z-71" package indicate that it's a 4x4?

Anyways, is this a common occurance? People pretend that they have a 4x4???

erm 03-24-2011 08:27 PM

There's all kinds of posers out there. I personally try to stay away from them. If they lied about that, what else will they lie about?

CajunDodge 03-24-2011 08:42 PM

Agreed ^^^^ and even though I'm not that far up the road from ya, I don't see too many "poser" trucks, but I guess my thought is, why try to be something you're not cause it sure looks silly when others find out.

- Cajun

GeauxHunting 03-24-2011 09:28 PM

Yeah a lot of people pose nowadays, but they actually make 2WD z71s. If you look at the decal, if it is a 4x4, it will have 4x4 in small letters underneath the z71 graphic.

SoArkSi 03-24-2011 09:40 PM

I used to have a 2wd truck in high school, I leveled it out and put some all terrains on it, but never put 4x4 stickers on it or anything. Theres a big difference in likeing a look and trying to be somthing your not!!!!!

moparmanicac 03-24-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOG (Post 481863)
There's all kinds of posers out there. I personally try to stay away from them. If they lied about that, what else will they lie about?

Exactly to each his own even if its moronic...unless its a import screw them

tmerritt530 03-24-2011 10:37 PM

Maybe they didn't want people to constantly whine and complain that his truck isn't 4x4 so why is it lifted. People tend to do that for no good reason.

ARMedNBangin 03-25-2011 11:04 AM

good valid points everyone.

Cajun, this was actually at the heliport in Amelia. I don't know where the guy's from though. Had LA tags.

bamasport 03-25-2011 11:17 AM

doesnt make sense why someone would want to do that. if you have a 2wd and you bought it that way because thats what you wanted, by all means put a lift on it but dont put a 4x4 sticker/emblem on to try and look cool. so dumb!

lol, im guessing so many people think im a "poser" too. I have a 6" lift with 35's on my sport 4x4 but i debadged the 4x4 emblem from the tailgate. if the person doesnt know trucks and cant tell by the differentials on my truck that it is a 4x4, then oh well. debadging it makes it look cleaner.

Rec 26 03-25-2011 07:57 PM

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

And here I was thinking that only happened with the LXs... It seems I can throw a rock around here and hit a V6 charger that looks like either a R/T or a SRT. (and they are the same ones that always try to race me....)