DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   got swiped by a ford escape (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=78222)

foolioGrimz 03-25-2011 10:45 PM

got swiped by a ford escape

So I was driving to the chinese resturant today minding my own business and while I was in the turning lane this kid in a ford escape pulls out of a gas station parking lot and tags the back of my ram. :doh:

Now I have another set of dents to show off. It bent the side of the truck right behind the rear wheel and also turned in the corner of my bumper a little while cracking my brake light. I should have taken some pics of the ford but i'll see if I can get enough light to take some of the ram. Apparently he hit someone in corpus recently so we settled on a hundred bucks for my tail light and I gave him some zip ties to re attach his bumper. lol I didn't really want to go through the burocratic bull of getting an insurance pay out and its not like its the first dent on the truck and he doesn't have to pay his deductible again. I might actually be able to patch the taillight with some superglue? or maybe i'll just hit up the junk yard.

RedRam10 03-25-2011 10:57 PM

You sound like a reasonable person, easy going and were nice to the kid. Well done.

foolioGrimz 03-25-2011 11:02 PM

ya what i shoulda done was fall out of the truck screaming "my neck!!!!" just to see the look on his face haha Ill have to remember that next time

foolioGrimz 03-25-2011 11:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here's a couple pics. the camera actually does pretty good in the dark. Ive taped up the light already.

HerRam 03-25-2011 11:55 PM

Brutal! you are a calmer person than me!!!

foolioGrimz 03-26-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerRam (Post 482975)
Brutal! you are a calmer person than me!!!

ya well she was a landscaping truck b4 I rescued her so its not the first ding on it. The previous owner had also sheard off the step on the passanger side and managed to rip loose the license plate lights somehow? not to mention various dents and scratches. I will have to throw some paint on that bare metal so it doesnt rust. As long as my goodies are intact its all good. Ive spent more on aftermarket parts than the truck's worth. If I ever get another truck it'll be a 4wd ram and Im taking my parts off for the new truck.

brad12kx 03-26-2011 12:40 AM

Great story! Thanks for posting.
For keeping everything in perspective, and whether deserved or not, giving a break to someone that likely needed it; a little recognition....Ram ForumZ style :rep: .

CajunDodge 03-26-2011 01:30 AM

You were definitely nicer about that than I would have been, irrespective of the condition of your truck, but just as negative actions come back around, so do positive ones, so well done man even though this kid should be considering some driving lessons.

- Cajun

foolioGrimz 03-26-2011 02:08 AM

and i placed an order for a new tail light on amazon for 33 bucks shipped :)

rdsabin 03-26-2011 07:53 AM

You let him off easy as the cost to fix just the fender or bumper area will far exceed $100. let alone the tail light. I understand the truck having dings and your reasons for going the way you did. On my new truck I would be pissed but on the old truck not so much. Hopefully he was thankful.