DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Saved by the bell!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=78269)

yamifz1 03-26-2011 04:27 PM

Saved by the bell!!

Well today was the first time in the 2 years I have had my truck that someone pulled up to the light beside me and gunned it when the light changed.
I was on my way home and a black 2010 Ram pulled up beside me and I thought nothing of it till he started to creep forward as the light was about to change. Not being sure I started off a little harder than normal but not all out. He must have been the same because he stayed right with me, then I hear the roar of his engine as he punches it so I did like wise. I was sticking with him side by side up to about 55 and then he slowly started to pull away, but just barely. Then I had to slow right down as we had caught up to the car in front.
So all in all, not too bad. He took me but just. I can live with being beat by a fellow Ram. :smileup:

platinuminjected 03-26-2011 04:51 PM

nice lil run there bud but i kinda find it hard to believe because i drive a 4th gen and i smoke the 3rd gens all the time and not just barley but by alot lol but all in all its just fun right:)

yamifz1 03-26-2011 06:35 PM

Hence the" saved by the bell ", he had the KO and was pulling away when I had to slow so it didn't look too bad, if not for the car he would have left me way behind.

chefred112 03-26-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platinuminjected (Post 483363)
nice lil run there bud but i kinda find it hard to believe because i drive a 4th gen and i smoke the 3rd gens all the time and not just barley but by alot lol but all in all its just fun right:)

i'm waiting excitedly for the day a 4th gen comes up to a light with me...I too am curious...

platinuminjected 03-26-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefred112 (Post 483772)
i'm waiting excitedly for the day a 4th gen comes up to a light with me...I too am curious...

lol well everyone that iv came across iv easily taken hahah not to be cocky or nothin:)

brad12kx 03-27-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platinuminjected (Post 483781)
lol well everyone that iv came across iv easily taken hahah not to be cocky or nothin:)

But if it's White, has a roll pan for a rear bumper and sports Cally plates....careful on how much $ you put up. ;)

RamTech 03-27-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefred112 (Post 483772)

That's just not right... :LOL:

TheSatinPumpkin 03-27-2011 03:46 PM

Be nice to get the nerve to take a 4th gen. Hell wish i had the nerve to take on 3rd gens considering they seem to rev and cut me off as much as the next person.
Yesterday a 3G almost side swipe me off the road when cutting me off and almost rear ending motorscooter who was in front of me.

Almost wanted to stretch the top end legs on the highway but calmed down by then.
:4-dontknow:

motorscooter 03-27-2011 09:01 PM

he would have only ran in to me once, i had the 45 with me.

srtsir 04-06-2011 07:04 PM

I raced a 4th gen hemi 4x4 and I took him by about 3 truck lenghts we were going all out up to 100mph...I was just pulling on him...Of course my 4.56 gears and 2wd helps...