DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Forum CANADA (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Ride To Con-Ker Cancer (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=78300)

ScatPak07 03-26-2011 11:53 PM

Ride To Con-Ker Cancer

Hey Everyone!

The company I work for is Con-Ker Construction. Every year they hold a ride to raise money for Sick Kids and Princess Margaret Hospitals. Last year they raised a lot of money and they hope to raise more this year. The last few years they have done it in the form of a motorcycle ride. Now your wondering why I am telling you this.....

The great news is this year they have changed the type of ride it will be. This year we may be doing a TRACK DAY!! We may be renting Shanonville racetrack for the day. This will give the chance for everyone to run their trucks on the drag strip or any other car they have. This is open to as many people you know and as many you can invite. This is all going to a good cause, to fight cancer research!!

I am not certain when it will be but it most likely will be in August. I really hope that I can get a bunch of you guys and your family and friends to come and join the fight against cancer.

I will be keeping you all posted as to what the events there will be. I believe they will be getting a web site formed up to show all the info.

What I have heard is that they will be renting the racetrack and drag strip. This gives the chance for guys to rub their vehicles on the racetrack and do some laps. If you have you truck there then you would probably want to stick with the drag strip haha. This is a very cool and unique event that will be a lot of fun. There will be food and everything there for people that join in on the fight.

RamTech 03-27-2011 11:22 AM

Sounds like a fun day. I presume this is open to vehicles of all kinds?

budmancan 03-27-2011 07:35 PM

Very Cool, Count me in if we are not away that weekend.

RedRam10 03-27-2011 07:54 PM

Sounds like fun for a good cause.:smileup:

ScatPak07 03-27-2011 08:08 PM

Yep this is open to all vehicles! This is open to everyone as well! There is a fee to pay, which goes straight to the cancer fund.

This money does not go to the hospital it actually goes to the doctor that does the research. Most of the foundations out there take a cut of it and give the doctors barely any of the money. We give it ALL to the doctor so he can fund his research and his team. He has already found a cure for lymphoma which can hopefully turn into a cure for cancer. We are very excited about this since he is on the track to finding the cure!

I hope that a lot of members want to come and join in! I will definitely have more info when the time comes closer!

GTyankee 03-27-2011 08:32 PM

ScatPak07 i know that up there you take fund raising seriously
Keep it up :)

when i was up in Toronto last year, i saw a pink cement truck, near the end of Yonge under the bridge near the beach, i commented to my passenger that i wouldn't be caught driving it, he told me that every one that gets to operate it, is happy to do it

budmancan 03-29-2011 09:14 PM

lets us know where we can make a donation just in case we cant make it.

platinuminjected 03-29-2011 09:52 PM

sounds like a fun day and for a good cause

Phreak 04-01-2011 12:10 PM

Yup count me in for sure..
maybe have my Harley ready for the drag..
run both.. ha ha

budmancan 04-01-2011 10:09 PM

Hey Scat let me know more details closer to the date and I will post some stuff in the elevator monitors in my building.