DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram R/T (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   First track visit (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=78350)

garner 03-27-2011 04:15 PM

First track visit
 
5 Attachment(s)
Took the truck out for it's first track visit and it was an ok night. There was very little traction because they didn't prep the track like they should've and it being 80+ degrees didn't help much either. Didn't get anywhere near the times I should've gotten. Hopefully next time I go out is better or I'll go to a better track. First run was a 14.749 @ 89 and best run was a 14.740 @ 87

Attachment 16027

Attachment 16030
Best run
Attachment 16029

Attachment 16031
First run
Attachment 16028

RedRam10 03-27-2011 04:25 PM

Not a bad set of track times:smiley_thumbs_up:!!

platinuminjected 03-27-2011 07:21 PM

looks like decent numbers to me but like you said there not where they should be

TORMENTOR 07-23-2011 06:06 PM

60 foot is fine so traction off the line isnt too terrible if your getting a 2.1. your 1/8th mile trap is correct, your just letting off to early at the finish line or your holding it in one of the gears and hitting the limiter. Either one, thats the only way your managing a 14 without breaking 90mph

garner 07-23-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORMENTOR (Post 574761)
60 foot is fine so traction off the line isnt too terrible if your getting a 2.1. your 1/8th mile trap is correct, your just letting off to early at the finish line or your holding it in one of the gears and hitting the limiter. Either one, thats the only way your managing a 14 without breaking 90mph

This track you have to let off early. The distance from the 1/4 mile marker to the turn off is very short and tricky to slow down in time for even with a high 14 second truck

TORMENTOR 07-24-2011 02:59 PM

Well how are these other people trapping over 100 mph in your time slips? Either way, thats why your not running what you should be. Also im positive your track has another turn off further down. They would have been shut down for safety reasons if they didnt AND that would pretty much take away ANY kind of sports car or dragster from racing there so then they would go out of business.

I would look into that more

garner 07-24-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORMENTOR (Post 575312)
Well how are these other people trapping over 100 mph in your time slips? Either way, thats why your not running what you should be

They have built cars and have made over 300 passes at this track. Could I trap higher and brake later? Yes. Am I comfortable doing so and possibly wrecking my truck? Not really since I have less than 10 visits and 20 passes in any of my cars. Also these runs were on bald factory goodyear fortera sl tires. Not gonna push my truck to the max when my braking is severely messed with by having bald tires. Gonna have to wait till late october or november when temps start getting down below 90+ at night to see what I can really do

garner 07-24-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORMENTOR (Post 575312)
Also im positive your track has another turn off further down. They would have been shut down for safety reasons if they didnt AND that would pretty much take away ANY kind of sports car or dragster from racing there so then they would go out of business.

I would look into that more

The turnoffs are about 30 feet apart and nobody uses the first turnoff. Everybody uses the second turnoff

TORMENTOR 07-25-2011 01:45 AM

I am very surprised your track is still open if the turn offs are that close to the finish line. My track has 3 turn offs. the last one i dont even need to use the brakes, just let the truck glide to a slow its that far down. And its not some big national track, again, for safety reasons, im surprised your track is still even allowed to be open

garner 07-25-2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORMENTOR (Post 575708)
I am very surprised your track is still open if the turn offs are that close to the finish line. My track has 3 turn offs. the last one i dont even need to use the brakes, just let the truck glide to a slow its that far down. And its not some big national track, again, for safety reasons, im surprised your track is still even allowed to be open

Here's the track's picture album, http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ2QQtppZZ36 . Shows you how small the track is. You can't even drive around the waterbox, you have to drive through it no matter what. So you're really screwed if you have an open rearend like I did in my genesis since only wheel gets the water off of it


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger