DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2009 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Just got back from dealer service and laughed my ass off while there (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=78636)

mineralram 03-30-2011 02:11 PM

Just got back from dealer service and laughed my ass off while there

Took my ram in for service under my extended warranty with the following issues.

Column shifter was replaced due to Chrome Peeling off

One remote replaced, it would start the truck and unlock the truck but would not lock it thy replaced it.

Blower motor noisy on low speed setting only this is the second time its been done.

I was having issues with my DRL's the passenger side was dimmer than the drivers side. Thank god it was not the TIPM even it it was it was covered anyways. Turned out it was the connector for the head light causing all the problems water had gotten to it they claim it works perfectly know.

The part that made me laugh the most was i asked the dealership to do an alignment at mu cost of course. The tech call me on my cell phone and says we can not do an alignment on your truck because of your tires. i said to him ok well heres the deal what size tires come on my truck from the factory he tells me the size in the computer 265/70/17 I then proceed to tell him to go check the tires that are on my truck he comes back and says they are 265/70/17 i again say to him whats the problem he says the tires are not OEM. At this point i said do not touch my truck until further notice i called the service manager and explained what happened and the fact that i do not want this person working on my truck he took care of the problem quickly.

all is good know it turns out in the end even with my truck having 78,000 kilometers on the clock the alignment was still at factory spec and they did not have to adjust anything.

RamTech 03-30-2011 02:30 PM

Wow...can't align it because of the tires, huh? That guy needs to get his ass back to the lube rack!

dankent 03-30-2011 02:49 PM

Lol :) well at least you did the right thing .. i would have got a laugh from that as well.

09bighorn 03-30-2011 06:19 PM

It is rare that the alignment is in spec. In my 15 + years turning wrenches, I've only seen once or twice. Did they give you a printout?

HerRam 03-30-2011 06:28 PM

Did you ask him to check the muffler bearing and the headlight fluid as well????

CdnoilRAM 03-30-2011 07:03 PM

Wow, that takes a special kind of stupid :LOL:

erm 03-31-2011 07:19 PM

I think we need some remedial training here...LOL

GeauxHunting 03-31-2011 07:42 PM

Wow, I guess they aren't teaching them to read over there.

platinuminjected 04-01-2011 12:30 AM

lol i would of done exactly the same thing bud

RedRam10 04-01-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerRam (Post 487443)
Did you ask him to check the muffler bearing and the headlight fluid as well????

Wonder if he was using a left handed monkey wrench to tighten things up.:LOL: