DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Heated/Ventilated Seat Question (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=79243)

xopt1js 04-05-2011 02:10 PM

Heated/Ventilated Seat Question

Ok, so I have the heated seats in my Laramie but it did not come equipped with the ventilated seat option.

I am wondering if my seats came with the ventilated components but they are just not hooked up and maybe I can just install the switches? :4-dontknow:

I have read that if you do not have heated seats you have to go aftermarket but I wasn't sure about adding ventilated to existing heated seats.

Thanks in advance :smileup:

DetroitDodge 04-10-2011 11:03 AM

The optional bucket seat w/ console have the ventilation system, the split bench seats do not. You can see the seat fans if you look under the seats, they have a paper filter over them.

xopt1js 04-11-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetroitDodge (Post 496781)
The optional bucket seat w/ console have the ventilation system, the split bench seats do not. You can see the seat fans if you look under the seats, they have a paper filter over them.

Well that would explain it. I have the split bench instead of the buckets so I guess it was not an option on mine.

Wonder why they limited it to the buckets? :4-dontknow:

Painkilller 05-16-2013 02:45 AM

I'm in the same boat as the original poster but, I have the bucket seats in my 2013. They have heat and heated wheel but, I would like to add in the ventilated option. Is that possible? Would seem like all they would need to do on mine, is to add in the buttons, and fans....

gcscott 05-16-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xopt1js (Post 492832)
Ok, so I have the heated seats in my Laramie but it did not come equipped with the ventilated seat option.

I am wondering if my seats came with the ventilated components but they are just not hooked up and maybe I can just install the switches? :4-dontknow:

I have read that if you do not have heated seats you have to go aftermarket but I wasn't sure about adding ventilated to existing heated seats.

Thanks in advance :smileup:

I have the heated seats & heated steering wheel in my Outdoorsman. I went and looked under my bucket seats and there is no place to put the fans that I was able to see. So I will say it is not just add some switches and fans.

MODS LIST! WeatherTech Floor Mats (F&R), WeatherTech Mud Flaps (F&R), WeatherTech Window Rain Guards (F&R), AVS Bugflector II, Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat, LRV Protecta Tailgate Mat, IPCW LED Tailgate Light Bar, LedGlow SMD Blue Interior Light Kit (F&R), Dee Zee Tailgate Assist, SS Exhaust Tip, Cabin Air Filter.