DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Torn between Magna's or the AT3030... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=79256)

SCHNELL 04-05-2011 04:08 PM

Torn between Magna's or the AT3030...

Hi guys, I need some good insight here. Im not going to go on and on about what to get.. I always ran Magnaflows on my other trucks, except the Cummins which got a Banks... but I see alot of guys on here running AT3030's.. Got me to wondering.. is it that much better?

I really hate rasp and my buddies Flowmasters never did it for me... So I always went for Magnaflows because I liked the deep rolling tone, my question is are the AT3030's like this... I dont like tooooo much tone in the cab, I like to know I have an exhaust without hating the fact that I have one when I want to have a mellow drive...

Thanks for the help!

916Timmy 04-05-2011 04:15 PM

The AT3030 sounds mean on the 4.7, both would be a great choice!!! If you want a little more mellow, get the 3030XL...it has a built in resonator!

erm 04-05-2011 04:44 PM

Good luck with your choice. It's always hard to find the tone you want. I like Magnaflow too!

SCHNELL 04-06-2011 02:01 PM

I hate drone thats all... I dont want to get something that Ive never personally used and drive home realizing its not what I want. Rumble is good... but I dont want to attract attention from every patrol officer within a 5 mile radius.. hehe..
The lil man riding with me likes a little tone, puts him to sleep for some reason, but not so loud as to have my wife pissed off she has too hear it the whole time :hah:
Im sure yall get my drift whoever's married...

916Timmy 04-06-2011 11:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0GDW1VkyAw

erm 04-06-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCHNELL (Post 493677)
I hate drone thats all... I dont want to get something that Ive never personally used and drive home realizing its not what I want. Rumble is good... but I dont want to attract attention from every patrol officer within a 5 mile radius.. hehe..
The lil man riding with me likes a little tone, puts him to sleep for some reason, but not so loud as to have my wife pissed off she has too hear it the whole time :hah:
Im sure yall get my drift whoever's married...

Totally understood. I have a Magnaflow 18" single in / dual out muffler (#12278) on my truck and the wife even commented on how good it sounded when I got on it and how nice and quiet it was when we were cruising on the freeway.

SCHNELL 04-07-2011 09:25 AM

@Timmy, I actually used your video as one of my references for checking into the AT, the only issue was still the first hand experience as to whether you got drone at cruising, rumble around town is fine, but when Im driving from GA to NC for Training, I dont want to be deaf and annoyed... Thats why I ask, not that I dont like how they sound, just that personal experience is a life saver, thanks for the video again though

@Mad, I always liked the Magnas before, even on my Chevy (gasp) I drove it from like a mad man in the backwoods and around town and liked the tone when getting on it.. but when I had to drive from WA to SoCal on I-5 I was quite pleased at its mellow tone...

I just wanted people who have had either expereinces so far. The Magnas with dual exit sounded sexy to me, unless some one has had better experiences going from them to the AT3030 Ill have to go get some more of the Magna's put on this truck...

Again, thanks for any and all input

sdram03 04-07-2011 11:44 AM

i had AT3030 on my 03 4.7l QC and LOVED IT!!! even my wife (GF at the time) loved it. no raspiness, excellent idle rumble:smileup::smileup:. could get a wee bit loud if you hit go pedal hard but i never complained. drove from Ellsworth AFB to my home in WI (800 miles), and never had an issue with it. actually enjoyed it more since i could get it to shift down on the good sized hills and wake up the neighborhood. :LOL::LOL:

my brother loved hearing me pull into his town from about a mile out. he said there was no mistaking it. no other truck sounded that good around there. especially with all the stop signs i had to go through to get to his house.

My wife is patiently waiting for me to do the same to my current truck. gotta get some moolah, tho. :sad:

I haven't had Magnaflow yet, and I don't think I ever will cause everyone seems to have em. I like to be different.

916Timmy 04-07-2011 05:32 PM

You can always get the 3030XL model for a slightly quieter Aero sound as well!!!