DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Added Airaid CAI, Predator Tune and Magnaflow true duals... Very pleased.... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=79595)

limitlessent 04-09-2011 05:36 PM

Added Airaid CAI, Predator Tune and Magnaflow true duals... Very pleased....

1 Attachment(s)
I finally got around to doing a few mods....
I installed an Airaid CAI, Magnaflow True Duals leaving the stock tips and installed a predator 87 tune. Before these mods I was averaging 16.2-16.5 MPG to and from work which is about a 15 mile ride on 4-lane highway type roads (55mph or so average speed). It's very hilly... lots of up and down but only 2-3 redlights along the way...

After 1/2 tank that was leftover (87 octane) and 1/4 of a new tank (also 87 octane) my gas mileage has increased dramatically. I'm not sure which mod did the most good or just a combination of the 3 but I'm seeing over 20mpg on the computer... next tank I can check it by hand but I've never seen 20 on there before... anything over 17 for that matter so I'm extremely pleased with these mods so far. :smileup:

DOZER 04-09-2011 06:00 PM

Thats pretty cool! Cant wait for my CAI to get here next week.

RedRam10 04-09-2011 06:22 PM

Glad to see the gains youre getting right off the start.

Also, A big hi and hello and a warm Carolina Welcome. I know that you'll be enjoying all the best RAM ForumZ!

How about dropping by the Newbie Checkin to introduce yourself?
:Hey:

erm 04-09-2011 06:27 PM

Yup...proves a point I have been trying to make on this forum for a while now...intake, exhaust and a programmer will increase engine efficiency. The only real problem is that it also creates more power and power is addictive. Trust me, I know because I am an addict. :D

Congrats on the mods and the improvement!

limitlessent 04-09-2011 06:39 PM

Thanks guys...
It's definitely addicting... speaking of which... what can I do next that won't be overly expensive? Anything else I can do for a few hundred or am I about done with the cheap mods?

platinuminjected 04-09-2011 08:30 PM

thats awesome bud glad you love the mods!!!

northernblue 04-16-2011 05:22 PM

Hello from another new forum member. I just posted something on the sprint booster, $329.00 U.S. Still waiting for some replies, hopefully someone on the forum has installed one. Check out my thread.
here is the link www.sprintboosterusa.com/c-322-at.aspx

MTtruckr 04-16-2011 05:27 PM

I suggest window tint for something that makes the truck look clean and isn't too expensive. It will look really good on black too!
Other than that, I think these trucks look good leveled, but that is just my opinion.

erm 04-16-2011 05:34 PM

Tint, bedliner, debadge/demold, upgrade your main audio amp...

Those are some mods you can do. I'm sure there are others.

As far as performance, headers and high flow cats would be nice but a stock engine really doesn't need those. You could do a cam but that's a bit more expensive than a few hundred $.

limitlessent 04-16-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOG (Post 502411)
Tint, bedliner, debadge/demold, upgrade your main audio amp...

Upgrade just the amp? I have the alpine deal with the little wanna-be sub in the back lol.

Tint... what % would the front need to be to match the back or would you go darker all around? I'm in GA so no clue what the legal limit is.

Bedliner... Spray in I'm guessing... Line-X, Rhino, what'd you recommend?