DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Airaid Jr Kit from 2007 fit on 2010 4.7? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=79738)

macop1104 04-11-2011 10:07 AM

Airaid Jr Kit from 2007 fit on 2010 4.7?

Airaid doesn't make the Jr kit for the 2010 4.7 Ram 1500. Anyone know if the jr kit from the earlier ram will fit? Not too worried about the filter, I just want the modular tube.

snrusnak 04-11-2011 02:03 PM

I just ordered an 07 mit tube for my 2010, I should get it this week, will let you know. I don't remember who, but another member on here told me it would, with the exception that you have to buy another silicon coupler to connect to the throttle body, but that's not a big deal, you can get those at autozone cheap. I'll post back anyway after the weekend and will let you know that it fit.

BigOrange 04-11-2011 08:13 PM

It will fit...(I'm the "other member"....lol). snrusnak is right, you'll just have to buy a coupler to connect the tube to the throttle body. You might want to check ebay for the MIT only. I'm not sure if it's still up there, but I got mine from Northern Auto Parts ebay store for $80 with free shipping. Let me know if you guys have any other questions about the install!!!

snrusnak 04-11-2011 08:19 PM

Well there you have it lol. The part number for what I bought was 300-925-1, it is the tube only, without the filter. I plan on buying a filter down the road maybe. I bought mine online for $99 with free shipping, from a store I think it was called Our Deals Rock or something. I've been watching online on ebay, and googling the part number trying to find it the cheapest, and that's the cheapest I've seen it in the last month or so.

macop1104 04-12-2011 09:07 AM

Thanks for the help!

snrusnak 04-16-2011 02:47 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I just installed the intake tube on my truck, all in all it fits just about perfect. I picked up a 3" "Spectre" brand silicone coupler(with clamps)(around 7-8$) from autozone like bigorange said. The throttle body and airaid tube are 3.25" so you have to really stretch the coupler to fit, but it's not all that bad. I doubt you'll ever find a 3.25" coupler, and I wouldn't want to try to clamp down a 3.5", I don't think it'd seal right. The coupler is fairly stretchy so it'll probably sorta form to the right size from being held in that position over time and from heat. Only other thing is like bigorange told me I had to under the electrical tape around the iat sensor, and just move it over about an inch, then retape it, this is to give it some slack so it will easily reach the sensor, you can stretch it and it will reach, but I didn't want to put the strain on the wires/connections. Here's pics. My only little complaint is the spectre coupler, you can see in the pics it bulges a little, but its not that bad at all, and it's pretty cheap to do this intake...Attachment 16945

Attachment 16946

Attachment 16947

Attachment 16948

Attachment 16949

snrusnak 04-16-2011 02:48 PM

meant to say "undo the electrical tape around the iat sensor wiring harness" sorry

BigOrange 04-17-2011 04:56 PM

Nice Picks Bud!!!

macop1104 04-18-2011 08:26 AM

Thanks for posting the tips and the photos. I ordered the MIT and a Jet 180 thermostat and will be using a drop in K&N air filter.
One more question: I've heard that if you disconnect the battery it will speed up the learning process of the ECU to adjust for the increased flow? Anyone test that theory?

snrusnak 04-18-2011 08:52 AM

LOL thanks bigorange, probably looks familiar huh? Glad to help, the instructions from airaid said to disconnect the negative cable, I didn't do that. Don't know what effect this has, I assumed it was just extra safety measure. Also, I found some 3.25" couplers using google, I might order one to replace the spectre 3" one I bought. Either way though the one I have seems fine, it's just a tight fit. The one's I found online were actually cheaper also, fyi. I didn't even put in an aftermarket filter yet and noticed a slight power increase(especially at high rpm), and today I drove about 10 miles to work, usually getting 17.5 mpg on the display, and today it was about 17.7, so there appears to be a small increase in mpg also. The kit is really nice, you won't be dissapointed, there's even extra hardware for other models that I didn't use(like a grommet that I'll be using on my Buell) lol...