DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Driver seat hurts my 29 year old back??? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=79971)

starquestbd22 04-13-2011 10:28 PM

Driver seat hurts my 29 year old back???

Anyone else find the driver's seat on third gen Rams uncomfortable as hell?? My truck has 60K on it and the driver's seat cushion (on the bottom where you sit) is visibly a little squished on the left side, I guess where the previous owner was lazy and just slid out of the truck like a snake. It feels like I have nearly no support on the left side of my body when seated upright in the center of the seat. I'm only 29 and never had any real back problems but my lower back starts hurting on anything more than about 30 mins of driving. Anyone else?

williamhartle 04-13-2011 10:52 PM

mines squished the same way if you still have warranty it is covered or you can just replace the cushion.

BrandonB 04-13-2011 10:55 PM

Do you have the buckets with center console or the split bench?

jgshannon 04-14-2011 02:08 AM

I know my '05 has the lumbar support but I never use it. I find my truck a much more comfortable ride than my Probe.

GTyankee 04-14-2011 02:31 AM

sometimes it is just best to find a good upholstery shop & make an appointment
they will pull out the seat, cut off the hog rings, lift off the outer cover, pull the old padding if needed & add some more foam where you want it, then pull the outer material back over the foam & put on new hog rings. Then put the seat back in the truck & your on your way.
Maybe $100 per bucket seat IF you want better outer material

starquestbd22 04-14-2011 10:34 AM

I have the split bench with the movable center storage/armrest thing. It's not under warranty. What are hog rings? I read on here once that you could take that seat cover off and replace the foam padding yourself but this makes me think maybe not?

CajunDodge 04-14-2011 10:59 AM

My seat isn't uncomfortable, even on long trips, but the cushion is definitely in need of replacement and I don't even slide out of my truck. :(

- Cajun

williamhartle 04-14-2011 09:36 PM

my seats the same and i dont slide out either must just be the way they are designed

williamhartle 04-14-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starquestbd22 (Post 500308)
I have the split bench with the movable center storage/armrest thing. It's not under warranty. What are hog rings? I read on here once that you could take that seat cover off and replace the foam padding yourself but this makes me think maybe not?

hog rings are like little horseshoes that hold your seat cover on. it not that hard to do but i would recommend getting a set of hog ring pliers makes it alot easier although regular pliers do work just harder

HemiLonestar 04-16-2011 04:44 PM

My 03 was always comfortable, especially after I rehabbed the seat cushions.