DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Exhaust shop woes... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=80007)

SCHNELL 04-14-2011 11:39 AM

Exhaust shop woes...

So I made the choice to just go with my ol' Magnaflows. I talked to a local shop owner and he informed me they carried them. So I went in and talked to him about what I wanted. SI/DO Magnaflow 18"... Now heres where I feel slighted... I had my 2 year old son with me so I had to keep him busy while they worked, I usually watch them like a hawk... So they finish the work and start it up.. (sounds right at idle) I go in and pay (260 parts and labor, seemed fair for 1 magna and two bent pipes with labor)
Well I'm driving home, get on the freeway, sounds a little loud at Open throttle, not like my old mufflers... I get home and look under the body and see an unstamped muffler and some crinkle bend pipes, one of the pipes coming out of the dual outlet was bent so hard its pinched to half its diameter.. I call him ask about the muffler, he says magnaflow doesnt stamp all theyre muffler anymore (my red flag goes off) I call Magnaflow corperate, they say all them are stamped except for the round canisters. So today Im going back to ask why the hell I paid all this money for a 14" ( also the wrong size...) CLONE muffler with crap piping... Guy was an old school type muscle car guy, I guess I put to much faith in him...
Does this sound like a rip off to you guys or did I get what I paid for here...? This is about the worst exhaust system I have ever gotten.. Piping doesnt even look like SS, more like the aluminized stuff...

dwadestrick 04-14-2011 11:48 AM

Sounds like you didn't get what you paid for.

BigOrange 04-14-2011 08:40 PM

That's unfortunate.... It's a shame that some places do business like that. If the pipe is crinkle bent, it's definitely not SS, and the can should say MAGNAFLOW on it. Let us know how it turns out bro.

Speckdaddy 04-14-2011 09:03 PM

This sucks, I hate to hear about someone getting ripped off because the couldnt watch to make sure the work was done! I guess they think you werent gonna notice. Hope you can get it worked out.

SCHNELL 04-15-2011 12:00 AM

Alright, so I went back and talked to the owner, he still tried to play It off that It was a magnaflow, so I called corporate right in front of him and asked yhere sales people (they're all stamped because its stamped in the metal before they wrap the can, so they have no reason not to stamp it) the guy gives and makes a call, says the 18" magnaflow will be there in a day or two in a box with part number... makes the guy go and cut off the pinced part. I still have that crap pipe, but at least when It rots out ill only have to pay for two pipes and it'll soumd like a magnaflow, it doesnt sound bad, just not on this truck with my wife and kids, maybe when I was young in a single cab flying down the trial like a mad man... nostalgia made me almost want to leave that short one though.
I'll have another update when its fixed.

Zippo973 04-15-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCHNELL (Post 500974)
Alright, so I went back and talked to the owner, he still tried to play It off that It was a magnaflow, so I called corporate right in front of him and asked yhere sales people (they're all stamped because its stamped in the metal before they wrap the can, so they have no reason not to stamp it) the guy gives and makes a call, says the 18" magnaflow will be there in a day or two in a box with part number... makes the guy go and cut off the pinced part. I still have that crap pipe, but at least when It rots out ill only have to pay for two pipes and it'll soumd like a magnaflow, it doesnt sound bad, just not on this truck with my wife and kids, maybe when I was young in a single cab flying down the trial like a mad man... nostalgia made me almost want to leave that short one though.
I'll have another update when its fixed.

man that sucks, I hate it when people do that

mbehlok 04-15-2011 01:43 AM

I have the 14" magnaflow and it is stamped right on it..
Sorry for the troubles you're having, its stories like this that scare people from getting work done on their vehicles by someone else. If I go to someone new, I usually stand right outside the bay watching everything they do. As long as you dont step inside the bay, they really cant say much.

jc4041 04-15-2011 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbehlok (Post 501059)
I have the 14" magnaflow and it is stamped right on it..
Sorry for the troubles you're having, its stories like this that scare people from getting work done on their vehicles by someone else. If I go to someone new, I usually stand right outside the bay watching everything they do. As long as you dont step inside the bay, they really cant say much.

think that all depends on where you go...most places around here (could just be a Utard thing) won't even let you on the floor....so I just stand outside the bay door and watch