DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   newbie needs help ! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=80394)

82ramclubcab 04-18-2011 07:36 PM

newbie needs help !

hey. i bought a new truck a couple weeks ago.
its a 1982 dodge ram club cab. painted purple and black! new re-manufactured engine. interior redone its pretty nice. but anyways.
i was just kinda screwing around one day on a dirty road and i ended up loosing control. like not in a bad way but i kinda just went into the ditch lol. and there was water in the ditch -_- . anyways i got a guy in a bronco to pull me out. he yanked me out pretty hard but i mean atleast he was nice enough to pull me out . lol anyways after that my truck started perfect. drove fine. everything worked perfect
i got a car wash drove back to my house. everrything seemed fine. anyways later that night me and my freinds decided to go to mcdonalds! so i get in the truck start it. it starts then i put it in reverse and back up and it just dies . and has not started every since. its only been a day but im really starting to worry about the truck
help me please!

yamifz1 04-18-2011 07:56 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum, great to have you here. Not sure where to look , is it possible that you got some water or dirt into the carb? Not sure that would do it thought. Someone will likely be by soon that can help.
When you get a chance post a picture or two of your truck.

82ramclubcab 04-18-2011 08:00 PM

haha alright! :) i definatly will! once i get it started cuz i dont find any use having pictures of a truck that doesnt even start lol. but yeah my freinds coming over tomorrow where gonna try to fix it.

82ramclubcab 04-18-2011 08:01 PM

lol but just for someone who wants to help like it seems like there isnt any fuel going into the carb? like i dont see anything leaking but when i look at the engine after i tried starting it it smells like gasoline

ramvan2500 04-18-2011 08:08 PM

does it attempt to crank or it just won't do a thing?

BlueJet 04-18-2011 08:15 PM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board!

RedRam10 04-18-2011 08:19 PM

A big Hello and a Warm Carolina WELCOME! I hope you make the most of the best RAM ForumZ on the Web!. :Hey:

82ramclubcab 04-18-2011 08:24 PM

well it cranks and the starter works perfect it just wont start :s its like it aint getting any gas but i dont know for sure

ramvan2500 04-18-2011 09:01 PM

did you check any fuses to the fuel pump and check the pump diaphram

Toms Blue Ram 1500 04-18-2011 09:03 PM

Glad you joined us and welcome to the Z for Rams from Baltimore . Give the carb a shot of carb cleaner and see if it wants to start . That'll help determine if it's a fuel problem . Any of your friends have a Ram ? Tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom