DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Gutless 04 hemi (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=80420)

ARCMAN 04-18-2011 10:29 PM

Gutless 04 hemi

IM sick of my hemi. it seems to detune itself, I use a hypertech power programmer, and whether it's stock or tuned, it is badass for a day or two, then it slowly detunes itself, I couldn't even pass someone today. The fact that it runs like a beast when freshly tunes tells me its not a mechanical issue, just tuning, or de-tuning. Thanks for any input folks !

KLRRAM 04-18-2011 10:32 PM

When I had my 05 I never had it tuned but, it sounds like it is pulling timing...maybe someone with some experience will chime in. What else do you have for mods and have you ever considered a dyno tune?

nate8604 04-18-2011 10:36 PM

How long has it been doing it for? If just a short period of time maybe a bad batch of gas?

JackDaniel 04-19-2011 12:29 PM

Hey youre not alone I think Im starting to notice the same thing, cept I have a Diablo Predator. Was awesome first couple days now the thing seems like a dog. It barley ever downshifts like it used and seems like you said, gutless.

autometrics 04-19-2011 12:42 PM

do you have your fuel octane level at the same number required by the tune? If its detonating just a tiny bit it will retard the timing and have way less power

RamTech 04-19-2011 12:54 PM

I'd love to see the adaptive cell numbers after tuning and after a few days of driving.

catsltd 04-19-2011 05:09 PM

Its almost always an exhaust problem.
Changing out exhaust and not using the vibration hangers.
Not having cats.
Exhaust touching on something.
Cutout.
Thats my quess.

ARCMAN 04-19-2011 06:20 PM

I'd like to see the adaptive numbers too. I only have a cold air intake, I cleaned the intake a while back, new plugs, it had dual exhaust when I got it. I got the tuner originally because the factory shift points suck. Tuner is pointless if the ecu just detunes everything afterwards. I'm using the correct fuel (all fuel sucks these days) I used to hang around 17-22 city/hwy, now its 14.3 and with a/c around 12 now. After I pull my boat a bit, the gas mileage gets better (after dropping off boat, its about 5 mpg with boat), and will smoke the tires.... for a day or 2. If i could lock in whatever parameters it uses while towing; I'd be ecstatic !

catsltd 04-20-2011 10:00 AM

Time for some datalogging.
You need tgo see if you have any timing being pulled.
When did you last change out the plugs.
Sorry cant be more help.
God Luck.

charlieb 04-20-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARCMAN (Post 505042)
I'd like to see the adaptive numbers too. I only have a cold air intake, I cleaned the intake a while back, new plugs, it had dual exhaust when I got it. I got the tuner originally because the factory shift points suck. Tuner is pointless if the ecu just detunes everything afterwards. I'm using the correct fuel (all fuel sucks these days) I used to hang around 17-22 city/hwy, now its 14.3 and with a/c around 12 now. After I pull my boat a bit, the gas mileage gets better (after dropping off boat, its about 5 mpg with boat), and will smoke the tires.... for a day or 2. If i could lock in whatever parameters it uses while towing; I'd be ecstatic !

strange people think factory shift points suck because i will put it in tow/haul mode gun it off the line smoke my tires shifts around 6500 and flies i dont think i would ever buy a tuner and change.:SHOCKED: