DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Warranty Issues (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   did my leather seat cover by warranty (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=80554)

millcol 04-20-2011 12:22 PM

did my leather seat cover by warranty

i own a 2010 laramie crew cab and i just found couple days ago that my driver leather seat start to ripp off.now nobody can give me a clear answer at my dealership.thanks guys for your answer.

Rkeytek 04-20-2011 02:49 PM

The dealer should be the best place since they will be repairing and warrantying.
I have had leather and seat foam replaced because of manufacturer defect on another car. If it wasn't from your wear and tear I would fight to have it fixed

DJTR 04-21-2011 08:15 AM

if you are still low on K's you should have no issues with warranty UNLESS it was because you left a screw driver in your pocket or something.

2010Sport 08-27-2011 08:40 PM

I had both front seats repaired under warranty. Unless you did it. Mine started to crease on the sides then one day I took a look and there were 2 good size tears. I was like, there is no way I'm responsible for this.. I had to fight it but only a bit.

GTyankee 08-27-2011 08:52 PM

from all the posts that i have read about the Chrysler seats tearing, they must have used cheap leather, if it is really leather at all
maybe hide from old fat beef with stretch marks

Rutger34 08-27-2011 09:02 PM

Your dealer will need to take pictures of the seats and submit them to Chrysler for pre-authorization for warranty. It is not up to your dealer if the repair is covered under warranty. A person at Chrysler makes the decision for them.

millcol 09-08-2011 09:38 PM

got my answer today.it s a big n0 to replace my tear leather seat .and i only got 30 000 km on it and im not working with that truck .im not impressed at all

Rutger34 09-08-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millcol (Post 609074)
got my answer today.it s a big n0 to replace my tear leather seat .and i only got 30 000 km on it and im not working with that truck .im not impressed at all

Did they take pictures and submit them to Digital Imaging for authorization or did they just look at it and say "no"? If they just looked at it and made the decision themselves, they did not follow protocol. They are to take pictures and submit them for pre-authorization. Make them follow the process if they haven't done so.

millcol 09-11-2011 11:25 AM

yes they go to the process taking picture and sent them to chrysler.second bad experience with chrysler,so i put a hold on buying again a new ram.anyone know if i can call chrysler to argue that descision.thanks daniel

erm 09-11-2011 11:27 AM

What is needed here is to determine the cause of the tear. But they will not warranty damage caused by use.