DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Wife's gonna kill me... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=80764)

icephreaq 04-22-2011 01:35 AM

Wife's gonna kill me...

Found the Volant CAI system's on sale for the 4.7L truck on CARiD.com for $286.95. Also offering an additional $10 off if you buy using your Google Checkout account. I couldn't resist! I'm having it shipped to my work. She'll probably only notice if she listens to the growl. :LOL:

mbehlok 04-22-2011 01:39 AM

She WILL hear it, and you are a dead man! Nice knowing ya..

hmm, actually if you play it right, maybe you can tell her your exhaust is screwed up and you need to replace it.. Then you can upgrade that too :-)

Just saying...

icephreaq 04-22-2011 01:43 AM

On the upside, I did make a DIY CAI recently and it changed the sound. She may not notice cause she'll think I still have the PVC pipe in there, maybe? LOL! The DIY one I made did help my MPG by about 2 miles and I was pretty happy with it, but I definitely like the cleaner look of the Volant over some couplers and PVC pipe. :-)

CajunDodge 04-22-2011 01:52 AM

Hehehe, congrats on your mod! I do have to say I like mbehlok's idea. That way if she does notice, you get two mods for the price of one mad wife :LOL:

- Cajun

icephreaq 04-22-2011 02:06 AM

"Damn honey, I think my exhaust system is going out. It's gotten really noisy lately. Guess I'll have to go ahead with that dual exhaust system. It's a damned shame...." ROFL

mbehlok 04-22-2011 02:40 AM

I started with the CAI and Exhaust, then I told her that i can improve mileage a bit more with a Diablo Predator and guess what I got approved?

Worked well for me.. Now I'm letting her know that a Detroit Locker will help with traction issues, I think she's falling for it ;-)

You just gotta work the system...

GTyankee 04-22-2011 02:47 AM

Don't say anything until Sunday when you take her to church & give her a hugs box of chocolates

wigbill98 04-22-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbehlok (Post 507335)
I started with the CAI and Exhaust, then I told her that i can improve mileage a bit more with a Diablo Predator and guess what I got approved?

Worked well for me.. Now I'm letting her know that a Detroit Locker will help with traction issues, I think she's falling for it ;-)

You just gotta work the system...

Traction issues?? In Florida? LOL Roads get pretty slick when it rains???

LOL just messing with ya! Now I could get away with that being in nebraska and getting 2ft of snow!!!

RansRAM 04-22-2011 12:22 PM

Better hope she dosen't surf he ZZZZZ !!!! LOL. Congrats on the Mod, BTW.

mbehlok 04-22-2011 01:17 PM

Actually, when it rains we get what people call Black Ice.. Al the oils on the road surface in the rain and the road get really slick.. I dont mind it since I'm used to it but the wife hates the sliding on the turns..

I'm almost there, just pricing the locker and trying to see what I get quoted for putting it in.. I can prolly do it, but i hate messing with the gears since the mesh needs to be just right...