DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   remote window roll down (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=80785)

united316 04-22-2011 12:20 PM

remote window roll down
 
I was at the beach this week not paying any attention that I was holding my keyfob remote unlock down and looked over and noticed my front windows rolled down. this is awesome and was such a big help. I guess i should read the owners manual and see what else I am missing.

Heres the clip from the manual.
Remote Open Window Feature If Equipped
This feature allows you to remotely lower both front door
windows at the same time. To use this feature, press and
release the UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter and
then immediately press and hold the UNLOCK button
until the windows lower to the level desired or until they
lower completely.

JCWFLHX 04-22-2011 12:28 PM

Yep found that out for the first time the other day as well. Unfortiantly it was raining. Luckily my neighbor was on his porch and seen the windows go down and told me. Hardly any water got in thank goodness. Still got the new truck smell and want to keep it as long as I can.

Wildcat 04-22-2011 01:30 PM

Unfortunately no remote roll-up function. Glad nothing got too wet.

brad12kx 04-22-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat (Post 507545)
Unfortunately no remote roll-up function. Glad nothing got too wet.

Yup....a roll up feature sure would be nice. :)

Stump3r 04-22-2011 01:44 PM

As cool as this feature is I sure wish there was a way to turn it off! I had my fob in pocket yesterday and rolled down the windows. Luckily I wasn't but a few minutes away from the truck.

moparman94 04-22-2011 03:33 PM

Well isn't that cool:smileup: After reading this I tried it and it works on mine. I had no idea. Missed that part in the manual. That will be nice in the summer to let some of the heat out of the cab before entering. Ram Forumz does it again:smiley_thumbs_up:

united316 04-22-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moparman94 (Post 507641)
Well isn't that cool:smileup: After reading this I tried it and it works on mine. I had no idea. Missed that part in the manual. That will be nice in the summer to let some of the heat out of the cab before entering. Ram Forumz does it again:smiley_thumbs_up:

thats exactly how I used it this week. at the beach it was in the 80s and had about a 18mph wind blowing so to be able to roll down windows a couple of mins before we left and the whole cab was nice inside.

Wildcat 04-22-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stump3r (Post 507559)
As cool as this feature is I sure wish there was a way to turn it off! I had my fob in pocket yesterday and rolled down the windows. Luckily I wasn't but a few minutes away from the truck.

Check your manual. I know there is a way to turn it off, I just don't remember it. I find myself locking it over and over sometimes with the fobik in my pocket. I just keeps honking and honking.

Bent21606 04-22-2011 05:56 PM

thats nifty!! is there a topic for little things like this that people my not know about?

hotkarl 04-22-2011 06:25 PM

heh heh...I have this feature too!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger