DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Military (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Meeting with SSgt tomorrow (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=81007)

98sst 04-25-2011 01:33 AM

Meeting with SSgt tomorrow

I'll let you all know how it goes.

RedRam10 04-25-2011 01:44 AM

Good luck! Thoughts are with you.

98sst 04-25-2011 10:17 PM

Alright basically i met with him and it went well. I passed that stupid test to qualify. Then we talked for 2 hours.

Im considering becoming a marine. Its taking a lot of thought. Theres a subconscious fear that i don't know what is going to happen. I don't like that feeling too much. At the same time however, i will be the proudest human being to walk the face of the earth once i have that title. Marine... that is so appealing.

iRESQu 04-25-2011 11:15 PM

Good luck, Alex. Hard life, hard work but the long term benefits can pay off. Be prepared to be deployed often unless the scenerios of the world change. That in itself can be deeply impacting on any family life. I have enjoyed it all but the continual deployments.

MADDOG 04-25-2011 11:58 PM

In my humble opinion, Alex, there is nothing more rewarding nor more honorable than serving your country.

Good luck with your decision.

Look at the unknowns as an adventure to experience, not something to be leery of!

double0ram 04-26-2011 07:00 AM

ive deployed twice in my 2 yearsin the AF. honestly, its not easy family wise, but youll enjoy it. steady paycheck (hopefully... congress can shove it) and good medical benefits. haha and dont judge me, my deployments werent the cushy back office type us airforce types usually get accused of.

nate8604 04-26-2011 09:18 PM

Hey man if you have any additional questions feel free to p.m me. I am also a Marine recruiter and I would be more than happy to help you out. I'm also a no bs type of guy so you don't have to worry about my answers being untruthful (I know the reputation recruiters have). Not to mention that you wouldn't be my enlistment to loose so It really wouldn't affect me if you enlist or not aside from knowing that I possibly helped another person out. Good luck with your decision hope to have another brother join the family soon.

jc4041 04-26-2011 10:45 PM

I like my cushy 12 hour days on the flightline myself ;)

double0ram 04-28-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc4041 (Post 511681)
I like my cushy 12 hour days on the flightline myself ;)

12 hours was a horrid thought to me originally, used to be 8s. but ive been workin mids 12s for about 6 months now like you said... its a cushy post, especially on the flightline!

jc4041 04-28-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by double0ram (Post 512847)
12 hours was a horrid thought to me originally, used to be 8s. but ive been workin mids 12s for about 6 months now like you said... its a cushy post, especially on the flightline!

Sounds like SP talk...LOL....most people don't want my job being a crew chief :LOL: