DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Rattle in dash (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=81089)

gjayf77 04-25-2011 10:39 PM

Rattle in dash

I have a rattle in my dash, its coming from the top above the radio.. sounds almost like a rattling can if i put pressure on the area it goes away, anyone else experience this?

Whiplash 04-25-2011 10:43 PM

ive got something rattling, but sounds further to the passenger side...definitely dash area tho

MTtruckr 04-25-2011 10:45 PM

I have a rattle in the same area. I'd like to hear if anyone has it figured out.

erm 04-25-2011 10:50 PM

Sounds like there might be a small defect or assembly issue then. We ran into the same problem on the 300 cars....it was the clips below the defroster panel.

gjayf77 04-25-2011 11:10 PM

glad to see im not the only one then... anyone else have it? let us know

Stangshcky12 04-25-2011 11:32 PM

I punched the dash this weekend in annoyance and it went away

rodanst6 04-27-2011 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangshcky12 (Post 510747)
I punched the dash this weekend in annoyance and it went away

Been there, done that!

Al E. Gator 04-27-2011 07:33 AM

I have a rattle above the passenger side dash speaker. It goes away if someone puts their hand on the speaker grill.

Whiplash 04-27-2011 03:52 PM

ya, that's about where mine seems to be coming from...

theweavman 04-27-2011 05:04 PM

At least you seem to have found the area where yours is coming from...I have removed my dash panels and center counsel, about ten times now...I have removed my radio, and just about everything else I could remove...I've taped, padded and zip tied, everything I could find including the factory wiring & shift linkage, that even appeared to wiggle, or looked like it could possibly make any noise, yet my noise is still there....Everytime I hit a rough road surface, or bump, it makes it's noise.....Sounds like it's coming from either below my floor mounted shift linkage, or from behind the heater or radio area, can't pin point it, or stop it....makes me nuts!!!!
It has a sound that I would discribe as a sound similar to electrical sparking, that's not what it is, but thats the best way I can discribe the sound it makes, it's pretty loud....I've tried holding everything, to see if I can locate the noise, no luck, it either must be someplace I cannot access, or inside some other component, that I cannot move to duplicate the noise....Like I said, I have taken almost my entire dash and consel apart about ten times now....I guess I will just have to live withit until someone comes across the sourse.....It's the only thing I dislike about my Ram