DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Prodigy brake controller (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=81304)

Otterdriver 04-27-2011 09:40 PM

Prodigy brake controller

Hey, I know there a few brake controller threads already, towing home the new trailer tomorrow, anyone use the prodigy controller, sounds like a descent unit, I was offered that with the trailer.

Thanks in advance:smileup:

erm 04-27-2011 09:59 PM

I used a Prodigy for 3 years towing a fifth wheel and it worked really well. I'm sure they have updated from the model I used. It never failed me.

deepblue 04-27-2011 11:12 PM

Prodigy is a good controller. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Wildcat 04-29-2011 10:51 AM

How did the Prodigy work for you? I love my P2.

Otterdriver 04-29-2011 11:45 AM

:smileup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat (Post 513630)
How did the Prodigy work for you? I love my P2.

It worked excellent, they briefed me on the default setting prior to coming home and when braking I you could hardly tell the trailer was behind me. Really nice controller.

rainhater1 04-29-2011 10:00 PM

Thats what I use and it works, move it from my coach to the ram and it works great in both

tmerritt530 04-29-2011 10:40 PM

I rock the prodigy! It is fantastic. night and day compared to the junk-box off/on controller my dad has.

randallman 05-01-2011 07:08 PM

Where the heck do yall mount it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmerritt530 (Post 514021)
I rock the prodigy! It is fantastic. night and day compared to the junk-box off/on controller my dad has.

I have a P2 from my old 2006 Durango. I went ahead and ordered the different wiring harness adapter, but I just can't seem to find a decent place to put it on my Big Horn w/ the huge center console and what not...

Also trying to figure out where to put a CB besides the WX75.

gingrbredman 05-02-2011 08:25 AM

I had the Prodigy in my Tacoma for pulling my camper. That thing was great. Once you set it, you can bet it works. I am pulling it out of that truck and trying to decide if I use it with the new Ram, or just go with the factory one. Like randallman says, I just don't know where I would put it yet.

randallman 05-02-2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingrbredman (Post 515700)
I had the Prodigy in my Tacoma for pulling my camper. That thing was great. Once you set it, you can bet it works. I am pulling it out of that truck and trying to decide if I use it with the new Ram, or just go with the factory one. Like randallman says, I just don't know where I would put it yet.

Furthermore, my dealer continues to claim that the factory solution is not available for my truck yet... While I could install the unit and bezel myself very easily, I'd like to have the EVIC flashed; I guess I need to call around to various dealers to see which one would do it for me :) I know I have both wiring harness connectors, so it should just plug right in.

As for the prodigy.... I can see many shin bashing events (think peter griffin in family guy) in the future if I were to mount it within an arm's reach of my driver's seat slung under the dash... I'm not even sure the slope of the dash conforms with the installation level requirements of the P2... Perhaps I should RTFM.