DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   What is the proper way for HID. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=81935)

BrentCRX 05-05-2011 07:19 PM

What is the proper way for HID.
 
I am having a struggle with my truck.

What is the proper to wire HIDs with out upsetting the
ever annoying TIPMCGW system

I am about ready to sell a truck I other wise like very much.

Factory bulbs have issues HIDs have issues my new HID kit has issues.

Please help.

Upstater 05-05-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentCRX (Post 518652)
I am having a struggle with my truck.

What is the proper to wire HIDs with out upsetting the
ever annoying TIPMCGW system

I am about ready to sell a truck I other wise like very much.

Factory bulbs have issues HIDs have issues my new HID kit has issues.

Please help.

Can you provide more information? What "issues" are you having? And what is a TIPMCGW system?

The only problem I ever had with HID's in my truck was the location of the ballasts for the fog lights... they would cause interference with the pressure sensors in the tires. After some experimentation (moving the ballasts around) I found a spot that worked.

No problems at all with the headlight ballasts.

Stonednloaded 05-05-2011 08:39 PM

I just ordered a kit 6000K from ddm tuning only lows and fog because hi beams are drls if you have quad headlamp and live in canada anyways i just used a relay harness for my lows and everything else was best kind

BrentCRX 05-06-2011 01:28 AM

Flickering problems, tpms problems. Worried the ECM is resetting the circuit causing the problem

Upstater 05-06-2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentCRX (Post 519002)
Flickering problems, tpms problems. Worried the ECM is resetting the circuit causing the problem

The flickering is easily resolved by using in-line capacitors; from what I understand they are almost a necessity. Like I said, the only time I had TPMS problems was with the ballast locations for the fogs - try moving them around. When my HID's kick on I still get the TPMS light on the dashboard for a brief instant but it goes out, and I checked the PCM with my programmer and it's not throwing codes...

Common problems with HID's but easily solveable! Good luck!

Gregn86 05-18-2011 10:01 PM

Upstarter, where did you end up mounting your fog light ballast because im having the problem of the TPMS staying on. Im also having the flickering and one headlight staying on problem i will try an inline capacitor for that. but another problem is after about 5 minutes of having my fog lights on the left one will turn off and the right one stays on. any ideas on that?

Upstater 05-19-2011 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregn86 (Post 528545)
Upstarter, where did you end up mounting your fog light ballast because im having the problem of the TPMS staying on. Im also having the flickering and one headlight staying on problem i will try an inline capacitor for that. but another problem is after about 5 minutes of having my fog lights on the left one will turn off and the right one stays on. any ideas on that?

I ended up removing my fogs because I couldn't find a location for the ballasts where they didn't mess with the TPMS. If you want to keep them, you just need to experiment with locations, or someone else suggested wrapping them in aluminum foil to try to cut down on the interference.

I really think all your other problems can be traced back to not having flicker cancelers. Install the capacitors and if you haven't damaged a ballast with all the flickering you should be all set.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger