DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   leather seat covers? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=82020)

jdRAM88 05-06-2011 08:49 PM

leather seat covers?

welll... since my girlfriend got her new journey r/t i have been craving leather seats.... i was wondering if there are any high quality seat covers that have a propper fit ( i have a set of fabric covers for when im working to protect my seats from getting destroyed) but they dont fit the seats .. just work as a cover... any help would be great :smileup:

sk8noregon 05-06-2011 09:44 PM

Katzkins is one company that makes great quality leather kits, but they are not covers, you would need to remove the cloth and they can be pricey. There are a few companies on eBay that sell leather-like covers.

CHVYKLR 05-07-2011 12:39 PM

I have never owned a set but I've seen lots of good info on the Katzkins.

http://www.katzkin.com/

SCHP52Ram 05-08-2011 04:52 AM

Go with the Katzkins, you will be glad you did that is what dodge sells.

bhc1980 05-09-2011 03:09 PM

I used Katzkins with my 05 Dodge truck and was very impressed with the quality. I ordered the seats from a dealer on ebay and got them installed at an authorized Katzkins dealer. I think the total cost was about $900 and it made an awesome custom look. I had a black rumblebee so I got black and yellow seats with the bee logo embroidered on the head rests. It was good thick leather, felt much better quality then what the dealer puts on, at least compared to my 06 magnums leather seats. Thinking about getting Katzkins for my 10 but have not priced anything out yet. Good luck.

Ram Pants 05-10-2011 11:22 PM

The guys are right the best you can get from aftermarket are going to be Katzkin but your going to pay a price for them. I have been looking at the ICBNL seat covers carried by Autoanything. There not real leather but they are look like leather. Also, Truckin' Magazine did an article upfitting a truck with them and they had a lot of straps to keep the fitment tight which gave me the idea to use them in the first place. To fit a Ram crew it run over $600 which will be less than half than katzkin. They also get good reviews. Something to consider if cost is an issue.

grossm3 07-29-2011 05:29 PM

Check 11i-usa.com.Clazzio leather seat cover fit over existing cloth seat and will leave factory cloth still in vehicle.pics can be found on youtube.com and 11i-usa.com.They just made 2011 1500 seat covers and they look factory and fit tight.Any questions on Clazzio Leather seat cover call me or text at.
(513)255-5158 I have them in my truck and are great product clazzio makes.If custom order is done will take 8-10 weeks no extra cost.
Thanks
Alex

Ram Pants 07-29-2011 11:50 PM

I checked the site you posted and those seat covers look great. But its too late, I already bought a set from an ebay store already. I should be posting up some picks after I get them installed in a few days. If they turn out looking good as I suspect they will, I will share all of the details.

Outlaw 08-01-2011 11:24 PM

Yea def get katzkins. Look up seats r us in Greenville ms. I got mine from them. $550 plus shipping.

Ram Pants 08-01-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrambo497 (Post 581308)
Yea def get katzkins. Look up seats r us in Greenville ms. I got mine from them. $550 plus shipping.

Just my luck. Money was spent and I could have had the real deal. I could not find Katzkins anywhere for a price like that. Anyway good to know for someone else.
I was ready to pay $600 for the seat covers from Autoanything but their leather seat cover prices went up from the last time, I had checked. So, I ended up with seat covers from Iggee and paid $350 for them. For what I paid, I am very happy with the results as they look pretty darn good and almost factory like.

I would post up before and after pic's if anyone is interested but my photos are over the 250kb limit so if interested pm me and I can send via email.