DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Pulling a fellow Z member out...disaster (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=82409)

moparmanicac 05-12-2011 12:44 AM

Pulling a fellow Z member out...disaster

4 Attachment(s)
A while ago I exchanged number with a fellow member (RamNJ) to take him wheeling seeing that I wheel to often and he wanted to test the Ram off road. Monday night at about 630 I get a call from him hes stuck a few towns over in a extremly swampy area I head over to give him a hand and see that hes beyond buried all the way up his front suspension with a tire almost in the air in the rear w/ the 3.55 gearing and open diffs this rendered his rear wheels totally useless. After trying to pull from the front and barely budging him I proceded to pull from the back only being able to pull him a foot or two. But in this process I blocked my exit off the trail. After spending over and hour trying to k turn out of the blockage I put myself in he got his buddy out to help us w/ shovels and a chain saw. We gave up on his truck and decided hed need to do his in daylight we cut down a few trees to give my truck more room to get outta there...it wasnt helping so now its about 1am weve been there for hours Ive been eaten alive my skeeters and this mud is the worse ive ever seen and ive been wheeling every weekend almost for the past 2 years all over NJ my only choice was to try to squeeze between 2 trees and exit the other side of hte trail. I fit but not without smacking up my door pretty good (estimate of body shop 350$) It took about a halfhour to get to the other side of the trail through some mud holes where I thought my truck was gonna slide into the river if it wasnt my only choice I would never touch this mud alone. I get to the other side its gated off the boltcutters I borrowed from RamNJs friend break on trying to cut the bolt my only option was to yank the fence out w/ my truck thank god that worked all in all a fun/expensive/interesting night I think I might have malaria from the dozens of bites I got and its safe to say my trucks gonna be pavement princess for a while last 2 trips fourwheeling where nothing but dents and a blown motor enjoy the pics

GeauxHunting 05-12-2011 01:03 AM

Damn, he got himself stuck pretty good! Sorry to hear about your truck, but that's how it goes! I've had a lot worse than a dent from a tree :LOL:

RedRam10 05-12-2011 01:08 AM

I have experience with trees and dents. Not a nice way to go but could be worse.:LOL:

dbowmaneod 05-12-2011 01:23 AM

Sorry to hear about the dent. But you find out who your friends are...

jcasey10 05-12-2011 05:37 AM

Man, that looks like some serious mud. I would have never even thought to take my truck through that kind of stuff. Sounds like an experience for sure.

RamNJ 05-12-2011 08:45 AM

Hey everyone first off I just want to say thank you to Moparmaniac and my cousin for helping me out.They are both good people. He came without any hesitation no excuses to help me and my cousin out. Well it was a crazy day Ive never been four wheeling so me and my cousin decided to have a lil fun but didn't know it was this bad. We went down the trail the first time got a stuck but made it out but when we got to the end there was a gate that was locked so we had to turn back. On the way back the area we got stuck was worse this time as you can see on the pictures. So I had many options but by the next day it all came down to my cousin building a bridge out of wood that he brought with him to put under the left side of my truck. We used the jack to jack it up so it can level the truck and I finally made it out. Lesson learned never go mudding,for wheeling, with one truck with no supplies.

moparmanicac 05-12-2011 01:05 PM

Well glad to help despite the damage and possible malaria it was fun night and one of the reasons I love 4x4s those d-rings and mud tires aint all for show lol to bad we couldnt get you out that night but atleast you got out the next day

RamNJ 05-12-2011 03:22 PM

Yea it was fun the tires you had on the truck are awesome. I need something like that. I want to go again but not in the mud and with better tires and a lift and probably better gears too.

moparmanicac 05-12-2011 04:37 PM

I dont think gears where the issue so much as the open diff once I get some stuff settled on my truck Ill show ya oak ridge its alotta fun

hemiv8dodgeram1500 05-12-2011 04:58 PM

hey moparmanicac did i see a video of your truck on youtube?