DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Chrome grill inserts (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=82768)

nikeman 05-16-2011 09:57 PM

Chrome grill inserts

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but I REALLY want to get some of those chrome grill inserts for my grill. I have a 2011 Outdoorsman and the frame of the grill is color matched to the truck and the "honey comb" inserts are black. I think chrome inserts would look great! I would prefer to have the vertical or horizontal chrome bar inserts but I don't think they will work with the stock honeycomb grill will it? Anyway, where can I get the chrome honeycomb inserts cheaper than the crazy $120+ price tag I have been seeing:4-looney:

RedRam10 05-16-2011 10:02 PM

Where are you located? Looking for a trade? I understand the inserts are removable from the frame so you might arrange a trade with someone here.

nikeman 05-16-2011 10:17 PM

I would like to just keep all my original parts for my truck I think.. I saw a video some where of the inserts being installed and it looked like they just snapped on over the stock black ones? Now I am hearing that I have to remove the stock black ones before installing chrome ones.. I'm confused now, guess I will have to check in to it some more when the money is right for messing with the truck again. I do have a kid on the way and she will be here in about 3 months, thus the main reason I went out and bought a new truck in the first place! lol

erm 05-16-2011 10:21 PM

I think you are right about removing the stock inserts to replace them.

Where did you see these for $120??? And have you talked to a dealer?

MOPARPartsonline here can hook you up with any chrome inserts that are stock options.

nikeman 05-16-2011 10:25 PM

I think I saw some on ebay and maybe even mopars website? $120 is just the price that popped in my head when I posted this.
EDIT:
It appears they are going for about $180-$200ish so I am not sure where $120 came from... Thats even worse!

Jim Ram 05-18-2011 06:54 PM

I'd trade you my chrome insert for the black honey comb one. Not sure where you are located though, I'm in CT.

scots2413 05-19-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOG (Post 527029)
I think you are right about removing the stock inserts to replace them.

Where did you see these for $120??? And have you talked to a dealer?

MOPARPartsonline here can hook you up with any chrome inserts that are stock options.

Yea you have to remove the inserts by popping out a bunch of little tabs. I have done it 3 times now and seems to get easier each time.

Blue Streak 05-20-2011 09:08 AM

Your best bet is a trade to someone in driving distance. I was going to swap with someone in texas but it was $100 to package and ship UPS.