DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Please help with tire recommendations. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=82947)

Turbovsix 05-19-2011 11:14 AM

Please help with tire recommendations.

Folks -

Just turned 32k on the Ram the other day and frankly, the stock Goodyears need to go. I've got at least one tire where a belt has shifted or something, as no amount of balancing will help the pulsation/wobble I'm getting. Can't wait to get rid of these things.

Anyway, I do a fair amount of highway driving. Just got the truck last July and have already turned 32k, so I need a decent highway tire but was hoping to slightly improve my wet/winter traction as the winters in NJ seem to get worse every year. Very limited off-roading, other than gravel roads and what not up at the lake.

I've heard good things about the Goodyear Silent Armors, but I'm not really feeling it with Goodyears after my experience with these Wranglers.

Any suggestions? I've hit Tire Rack already but want to see what other members with my kind of driving habits are running?

Thanks in advance for the help!

City Slicker 05-19-2011 12:34 PM

Turbovsix, you have a PM with some good threads on tire recommendations.

gs283020 05-19-2011 01:09 PM

Have looked into a lot of tires already for this truck. I am only coming up on 10k and I want to get rid of these Goodyears too. I have a friend that does a lot of driving just like you and I. He is running General Grabbers HTS tires. They have pretty good traction in all conditions, are a LRR tire, and he has over 40K on them with pretty decent tread left on them. They will more than likely be my next set if I don't decide to go with a A/T for the Surf Fishing I do in the summer.

Turbovsix 05-19-2011 10:10 PM

Thanks for the responses guys (City - got your PM and thank you!) - I was considering the Silent Armors. Supposed to wear like iron. I hit a pretty bad pothole not long ago and think I screwed up a belt in the driver's side front tire - not a real bad wobble but I did 1288 miles in 48 hours the other day and after a few hours on the road it gets to be like chinese water torture...

I'll look into those General Grabbers as well -

I was also considering the Cooper Zeons but I was concerned about road noise and fuel mileage with all the highway mileage I run...

erm 05-19-2011 10:14 PM

While not the cheapest, check out the Toyo Open Country A/T tires. Great road tire, wear well, good traction. I'm currently running a set on my Ram and ran them on my '99 Ram and a couple other trucks.

Running a set of Toyo Proxes 4 tires on my SRT. I'm kinda sold on Toyo tires if ya can't tell. :D

williamhartle 06-12-2011 12:07 PM

srry to steal the thread but has anyone used tire rack.com if so how was your experience. im looking at getting some rims and there prices seem pretty reasonable.