DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Drag Racing Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   I Got Killed..With a '11 R/T (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=83007)

ramrt1993 05-19-2011 11:43 PM

I Got Killed..With a '11 R/T

This is an embarrassing thing to admit..but I raced twice tonight, and lost both races. The first guy I raced had an '08 2WD Tundra Double Cab with a 5.7, and he beat me by about 3 truck lengths. The next guy I raced had an '03 Silverado SS AWD, and he beat me by about 2 truck lengths. Both races were from a dead stop to about 100 mph. I was gaining on the SS towards the end of the race, but the Tundra had a better top end than my R/T. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. I had horrible take offs both times, partly due to the fact that it was my first time racing. But I still feel like I should have done much better. For take off I had it revved between 1,000 to 1,800 RPMs. At 2,000 RPMs I start spinning. So, any thoughts on how I could improve?

RedRam10 05-20-2011 12:06 AM

Diablo Predator, CAI and a free flow exhaust. What rear end gearing you got now?

ramrt1993 05-20-2011 12:09 AM

R/Ts come with 4:10 gears. I'd rather not mod my truck. Both those guys had intakes, but I still should have been able to beat them stock.

nYmPhMoBiLe08 05-20-2011 12:56 AM

Haha you ask us what you should do and you wont consider modding your truck??? Lol idk maybe work on you reaction times and still get beat by one or two car lengths...

wannab 05-20-2011 06:01 AM

learn how to launch the truck. you have to come off the line strong. those trucks are also fast, and probabley have more mods than you think.

CajunDodge 05-20-2011 06:08 AM

Agreed ^^^^! Their trucks had to have more mods than just intakes, but a good launch makes a lot of difference.

- Cajun

jc4041 05-20-2011 06:36 AM

wanting to make your truck better, but not wanting to mod it is like having a naked girl in your bed ready to go and you would rather watch tv....

scots2413 05-20-2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc4041 (Post 529658)
wanting to make your truck better, but not wanting to mod it is like having a naked girl in your bed ready to go and you would rather watch tv....

:LOL: now that right there is funny

Dude a simple intake and exhaust will make the truck more free flowing. Hell your already racing it, why not do a couple of mods? Either modding your truck really does work (and is not a waste of money) or you need more practice on drag racing.

wannab 05-20-2011 07:50 AM

go get your self a Gtech and find a nice back road and practice some launches. I would see up to 7 tenths of a differance with a crappy launch. A intake and exhaust is no big deal to do, you can always take it off later. Try letting a little air out of your back tires if you race again. Not to low keep them safe. You gotta beat that chevy.

CHVYKLR 05-20-2011 08:33 AM

no modding seriously...try removing your spare, your jack, and anything else to lose weight. keep less than a half tank of fuel in your truck. there are also small weights that are bolted to many of your body mounts that you can remove. btw they are NVH. not sure how much this will help but other than getting a set of really sticky tires to allow you to launch harder that's about it.