DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Roll in lock tonneau for rambox (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=83265)

Seam 05-23-2011 08:11 PM

Roll in lock tonneau for rambox

Has anyone put a roll in lock tonneau on with a rambox? How did it work out? Anyone mount bike rack system to the side rails of it?

Sorry, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to have the flexibility of sometimes carrying motorcycles and sometime carrying stored gear with bicycles on top.

thx
Seam

RedRam10 05-25-2011 11:26 PM

Hi, I don't have an answer so, it's time to .........:icon_bump:........... this back to the top!

10ramisport 05-30-2011 09:38 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here is my E-Series electric cover. I love this cover and it does not interfere with the Ram Boxes at all. Sorry, but I don't have an answer for the bike rack system.

Longhorn 06-02-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10ramisport (Post 537320)
Here is my E-Series electric cover.

That's a nice cover you have there, 10ramisport. Please tell more!

Is it waterproof? How does the electric action work? How hard is it to uninstall if you need the full bed?

theweavman 06-02-2011 05:55 PM

I also have a Roll N lock on my Ram Box, Mine is manual however...Great cover, 99.9% water proof, get a few drops when I go thru the car wash, but not during normal rains...easy to use, never have to remove it.... I have a Harley, and figure the best way to transport it would be on a trailer if needed....hope that helps!

10ramisport 06-03-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn (Post 539396)
That's a nice cover you have there, 10ramisport. Please tell more!

Is it waterproof? How does the electric action work? How hard is it to uninstall if you need the full bed?

Just like theweavman said its about 99.9% waterproof. For the E series cover, I would not want to take it off (for full use of bed) once installed because of the wiring. It could be done but would be a hassle. Not sure about the manual though.
The original tie down rails would have to be removed for installation but you still have use of the bed divider/tailgate extender. Just can't stow the divider at the front of the bed due to the cover canister. But for the most part, you have about 90-95% of the bed to use in my opinion.
As for the electric part, it has 2 key Fobs with 3 buttons (open/close/light). One press of the open or close button and it will go all the way. One more press and you can stop it at anywhere along the length of the bed as well. I usually walk up to the truck, open the cover, put whatever in, get in the truck and can close it from the inside :smileup:. It also has a feature to manually open/close as well. HTH

theweavman 06-03-2011 08:06 PM

The manual one is easy to use also, just give it a little shove to open, and it has a strap attached to it that you just pull to close, it can be locked open in several positions, there really isn't much reason to ever remove it, as you would only gain about 10-12 inches from having it in it's full open position, it's not designed for easy removal, as there are drain hoses etc attached.... I installed 8 of MAC's removable tie down loops on my bed to replace the factory tie down rails that have to be removed... Each of MAC's tie downs has about a 1000 pound rating...and they are not much larger than a silver dollar... Check out MAC's and Roll N Locks web sites.... There are also a couple of other companies making this style of bed cover, one is called Full Metal Jacket, each has it's one advantages and dis advantages... I'm happy with my Roll N Lock, and have no problem giving it a thumbs up

pauliep 08-15-2011 03:12 AM

I am looking to add the E-series cover myself on my brand new 2011 Ram with Ram Box setup. I was wondering about how much the average cost is for one, and if it is worth tackling the install myself or leave it to the professionals?

ramit355 08-20-2011 06:03 PM

we have an e-series on the 2011 ram 150...its perfect...only leaks a little at tail gatw when we go thru car wash...regular rain ,dew,etc it all stays dry...no ram box here though....had a manual rool n lock for 10 years on other truck worked perfect when we got rid of truck...the electric is really nice....paid 1700 installed for ours...

MortgMan 02-21-2013 10:28 AM

Hey 10RAM -
You lose the OE Cargo Management System by installing this? correct?
I have an 09 Ram with RAMBOX as well. and I see on the M-Series and the E-Series you have to remove the aluminum cargo management system the ramboxes come equipped with. Can you confirm this fo rme pls?

PS> TRUCK LOOKS AWESOME TOO!:smileup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10ramisport (Post 537320)
Here is my E-Series electric cover. I love this cover and it does not interfere with the Ram Boxes at all. Sorry, but I don't have an answer for the bike rack system.