DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Touching base from Montana (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=83403)

rdrckt 05-25-2011 01:26 AM

Touching base from Montana

I bought a 2010 Ram1500 CC 01/10 and have since built it up and used this site for inspiration and advice so I thought I should register. I will upload some pics of the truck when I have them. For now, here are the mods I have done to the rig:
Deep water blue pearl with PTM Bushwacker pocket style flairs, NFab SS nerf steps, Pro Flaps mud flaps (4), 4" Mopar (Superlift) lift kit, 18" Pro Comp polished wheels with 35X12.50 Mickey ATZ tires, PTM stock grille, Flowmaster super 44, Superchips Flashpaq tuner, Volant CAI, Weatherguard polished crossover box, Huskyliner Weatherbeaters floor mats, Front tow hooks (since for some reason these aren't stock on a 4wd truck,) Custom canvas seatcovers in Realtree Max4 from Headwaters Seatcovers (Three Forks Montana)
That's it, the truck isn't very practical but that's why I love it

GTyankee 05-25-2011 01:50 AM

Congratulations on the Ram
sounds like you didn't waste any time with your mods

which rear end ratio does it have ? 3.92?

rdrckt 05-25-2011 02:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
No, it has 3.55's. I would like to lower the diff ratio a little to get the torque back to stock after putting larger tires on it. I see Dodge put lower gears in that new Outdoorsman and may go that route. To be honest I's like 4.12's in the thing but am afraid of making it rev too high when I commute at 80. Here is a pic of it I found mid build-up.

GTyankee 05-25-2011 02:25 AM

some of the Outdoorsman Rams that have the 3.92 ratio don't have the LSD

if i read right, the 2012s won't have a 3.92 option, they are changing to a 3.99 ratio

yamifz1 05-25-2011 06:40 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum great to have you here. That is a very impressive mod list, keep up the good work.
Truck looks great, thanks for the picture.

dwadestrick 05-25-2011 07:17 AM

:wavey: Welcome to the forum!

CajunDodge 05-25-2011 08:52 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Very nice looking truck, thanks for sharing the pic! Some cool mods on it, too, nice job with that! Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :Hey:

- Cajun

brad12kx 05-25-2011 09:23 AM

Welcome to the forum, :Hey:
This forum is full of great looking trucks; packed with great mod ideas and there are loads of knowledgeable and experienced people here.

I wouldn't even hesitate putting in 4:10 gears. With the trans OD ratios, the 4:10 is a great highway gear with big tires. You'll likely get better fuel mileage with them too. :smileup:

AND - We all like pix! Thanks for sharing one of yours. :smileup:

Enjoy the Z!

old hot rod 05-25-2011 07:17 PM

Welcome to Forum Z
Great to have you with us!!!
Dont forget to post pics of your ride.

BlueJet 05-25-2011 08:21 PM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board!