DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Looking for info on rear coils (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=83533)

snrusnak 05-26-2011 07:54 PM

Looking for info on rear coils

I'm trying to get as much info on stock rear coils for the 4th gen rams. I'm trying to gather the info, then am going to give it to another member, and he is going to forward it to a contact he has through a company to help them with their kits. We are looking for rear spring overall lengths (out of the truck), also looking for part numbers, please post your year, driver side vs. passenger side (they may be different), and other pertinent info like cab and bed size, and drivetrain. Thank you in advance! As of now we only have a '09 crew cab, and a '11 R/T, and I am '10 quad cab so will try to get that info myself, if anyone else can post up that'd be great!

RedRam10 05-29-2011 01:01 AM

Hi, I don't have an answer so, it's time to .........:icon_bump:........... this back to the top!

GTyankee 05-29-2011 01:28 AM

'09 Ram 1500 quad cab
you can ask the parts dept at the dealership to check out the measurements
ZASP spring - Left Rear
ZPSP spring - Right Rear

the fronts are
ZAMP spring - Left Front
ZNMP spring - Right Front

snrusnak 05-30-2011 08:13 AM

Thanks! strange, the 09 crew cab spring part numbers are all numbers, your 09 quad cab part numbers are all letters....

snrusnak 05-30-2011 08:21 AM

Also, I assume you're a 2wd?

CHVYKLR 06-01-2011 09:40 AM

anyone else still have their factory coils laying around?

snrusnak 06-01-2011 11:21 AM

I'll be pulling mine out maybe next weekend or the following, will add my measurements to the few others we have. Any others would be great! Even just part numbers would help.

dustin72 06-07-2011 11:39 PM

Just cut mine a few weeks ago, so no part numbers left. However, they did have the same part number on the left and right hand sides. This was on my 2010 RCSB 4x4.

GTyankee 06-08-2011 12:35 AM

those letters that i posted are they way Dodge identifies them on the build sheet

you have to talk to the parts dept to cross reference them to actual dimensions

snrusnak 06-10-2011 04:23 PM

Hmmm my build sheet doesn't have that on it....

I recieved a set of rear coils from chuckie on this forum, off an R/T. The weekend after fathers day I plan to swap them with mine, and compare lengths, etc...and will compile what little info we have on all the springs. I hope they have a little bit of a drop to them, I'm sure they will as they are from a regular cab and mine is a quad cab(not convinced the R/T has unique springs) :)