DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   WARNING - Do not use BuyAutoTruckAccessories.com (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=83995)

Upstater 06-01-2011 07:38 PM

WARNING - Do not use BuyAutoTruckAccessories.com

I just had perhaps the strangest experience ever when attempting to purchase something online. These people are so bizarre I honestly don't know if they're running a scam or just incredibly stupid.

On May 15th I ordered a set of LED lights to mount under the bedrails from them. I'm sure I'm not the only one who orders things online and has them delivered to a work address (I've done it dozens of times myself without incident), but apparently this is a huge problem for them.

So last week I realized that outside of an auto-confirmation e-mail generated when I placed the order I hadn't heard a thing (we're talking about a $100 order here). I sent a copy of the e-mail I got from them to their customer service address asking about my order and heard... nothing.

Today I called them to ask about the status of my order, and what sounded like a stoned teenage girl says "Uh, there's a problem with your order. We've been trying to contact you but you haven't called back". Now this is baloney, nobody has ever left me a message, or even called and hung up (the call log on my phone would show it).

I ask her what the problem is, and she starts mumbling something about the shipping address not being the same as the billing address... DUH! She asks me why I'm using a different shipping address (seriously??) and I tell her that I'm not home to receive the package (DUH #2!) so I want it shipped to my office. Then she starts telling me they need more information and it's for my protection, and I have to have a land line number for my home, yada yada yada... the whole thing just got really weird. I've NEVER had a merchant give me such a line of crap in my life!

I told her to cancel the order and she said ok and hung up!

Maybe others have had a good experience with this outfit, but their behavior raised all kinds of red flags for me!

platinuminjected 06-01-2011 08:45 PM

sorry to hear about your troubles bud but that do sound a bit fishey....but iv never tryed to have anything shipped to a different address other than the addy thats on the credit card so i havnt had this trouble.....

Rec 26 06-01-2011 08:47 PM

I won't use them! I'm big on customer service and I refuse to give my business to anyone that doesn't have any! Ask Liberty Dodge in Hinesville.....

double0ram 06-01-2011 09:42 PM

i had an issue with them about a year and a half ago. ordered some head and taillight smoked covers for my ram. my adresses didnt match up because i had joined the Airforce and was stationed in SD. they threw a fit about it because it wasnt the correct adress that was listed on my debit card too. needless to say i canceled much as you did. worthless. apparently nobody joins the military and gets stationed somewhere else....

jc4041 06-01-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by double0ram (Post 538927)
apparently nobody joins the military and gets stationed somewhere else....

and all of us in military are supposed to have perfect credit....long story

double0ram 06-01-2011 10:31 PM

on the otherhand, amazon and all there dealings ive done have never had an issue with different adresses.

Ben616 06-02-2011 10:00 PM

Its common for a differnt adress to cause an order to be flaged. they do it for your protection so that some one can not use your card # and have mechandise sent to a differnt adress . A good thing I think.

MADDOG 06-02-2011 10:04 PM

A more progressive online vendor will have a space for you to put in an alternate shipping address (or click "Same As Billing Address" in the shipping section) with info for that location.

Sounds to me like they aren't worth doing business with. If a simple shipping issue like that gets them all flustered, and they lie to ya on top of it, I don't think I wanna do business with 'em either!

brad12kx 06-02-2011 10:11 PM

For some real excitement, use the same scenario, but add a PO Box to the equation. :LOL:

Sorry, we can't ship to a PO Box, we have to have a physical address.
Sorry, we can't ship to an address that is different than the one on your card.

Please cancel my order..... :sad:

GTyankee 06-03-2011 02:51 AM

Papa Johns Pizza won't take an online order from me, my Credit Card uses my business mailing address, not my residence address