DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Just ordered Arrington Big Valve Heads (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=84055)

RamTex 06-02-2011 07:23 PM

Just ordered Arrington Big Valve Heads

Still not sure on what cam i should get going to call arrington again and see what they say. They said there was only one cam available from them and they said that having VVT makes that cam work well with forced induction.

CHVYKLR 06-02-2011 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yeah big valve heads! the VVT cam specs that Arrington's lists on their website are incorrect. I called after getting my cam and asked wtf and they said that the website needs updating. Here they are if you want to talk to your tuner or use them to compare to the Inertia cams.

the attachment kinda sucks but if you right click on it and select "open in new window" you'll be able to zoom in.

RamTex 06-02-2011 11:12 PM

Hey Gabe what is the name and info on that tuner you suggested a while back cause im def gonna need a tune fairly soon like sometime this month... Yeah im thinking the spartan cam cause it has the most lift duration...

CHVYKLR 06-03-2011 06:56 AM

sent you a pm. hope it works out.

chefred112 06-03-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHVYKLR (Post 539627)
yeah big valve heads! the VVT cam specs that Arrington's lists on their website are incorrect. I called after getting my cam and asked wtf and they said that the website needs updating. Here they are if you want to talk to your tuner or use them to compare to the Inertia cams.

the attachment kinda sucks but if you right click on it and select "open in new window" you'll be able to zoom in.

that's a pretty tame cam..computer friendly, more power down low...

RamTex 06-04-2011 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefred112 (Post 540262)
that's a pretty tame cam..computer friendly, more power down low...

Thats why i was looking at the spartan its a little more aggressive.

CHVYKLR 06-04-2011 08:34 AM

yeah it is the only one that Arrington has and the last 2 times I called Inertia they didn't have any cams in stock. Stu kept telling me he'd have some in a few months or I could mail in my cam for a regrind. Nothing negative just got tired of waiting.

CHVYKLR 06-28-2011 08:50 PM

How's the install?

TheSatinPumpkin 06-28-2011 09:59 PM

Cores are normally limited around this time of year for some reason.

RamTex 07-01-2011 08:21 PM

Heads should be here in about a week and a half or so, my TC came in this past week, push rods are in transit cam is also on its way i got the Spartan Eagle.