DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Heating & Cooling (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   AC blowing cold on one side and warm on the other (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=84120)

Bhoman10 06-03-2011 06:19 PM

AC blowing cold on one side and warm on the other

I am having some A/C problems maybe someone could help with, It will blow normal and cold on the passenger side but blows warm on the drivers side it is non climate control unit and both sides blow hard

RedRam10 06-04-2011 12:14 AM

How cold does it get on the passenger side? How many miles are on the truck? Has the a/c been serviced recently?

erm 06-04-2011 12:15 AM

I suspect your HVAC blend door has broken.

Bhoman10 06-04-2011 01:05 PM

It has 82k on it and no recent service i noticed at the end of last year but did not think that much of it going into winter but when i turned it on this April it was blowing warm again but it was just a couple weeks ago i noticed it was cold on the passenger side as i dont normally sit over there

GTyankee 06-04-2011 01:20 PM

Bhoman10 many of us don't know just what to look for when it comes to issues like this
it may very well be something you can fix yourself, but if you know what to look for, you can either decide what needs to be done & by who
these videos are for older vehicles than yours, but they don't change much over the years, these are you tube videos by Heatertreater, there are at least 3 of them
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ter+dodge&aq=f

02HairlessRam 08-02-2011 01:22 PM

Bohman10, I am having the same problem. Mine blows cold on driver side but warm on passenger side. I sometimes hear a loud thud sound when i turn my ac on when i first get in truck. I suspect one of my blend doors is broke. I hope i can get this fixed since it is gonna be 110 degrees hear all week. Will update when i find out more so i hope it will help us both out.

trmorissette07 08-08-2011 09:20 PM

I am also having the same problem. I don't do a lot of automotive A/C but I do work on Diesel truck A/C pretty much the same thing. I'm not sure at first I thought one of my damper doors was not working properly, but they all are. (i completely took apart the dash) I did open the hood and watched line after the orifice tube. Completely iced up. which tells me it is most likely low on refrigerant. when I installed my gauges my compressor was cutting off and on, on low pressure. after reading the forums my truck has the same exact problems and yours. cooler on the drivers side, and warm on the passenger side. I would like to know if for some reason the cooler air only makes it to the drivers side before the passengers side because of the low charge.. I am going to bring home a recovery machine/ vacuum pump tomorrow and figure out what exactly is going on. Just wondering if anyone had gotten this far?

dano670 09-09-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02HairlessRam (Post 581646)
Bohman10, I am having the same problem. Mine blows cold on driver side but warm on passenger side. I sometimes hear a loud thud sound when i turn my ac on when i first get in truck. I suspect one of my blend doors is broke. I hope i can get this fixed since it is gonna be 110 degrees hear all week. Will update when i find out more so i hope it will help us both out.

Just joined the forum to help fix my Dad's truck. We have the exact same problem. Our truck is an 05 2500 with the dual zone climate control. Did you get your problem solved?

dano670 09-12-2011 01:04 PM

Follow up to my problem. It turns out is was low on R134 which caused it to blow slightly warm on the passenger side, but cold on the drivers side. Works great now!

Ostranza 05-08-2013 01:31 PM

I got the same problem as Dano on my 2005 3500. Cold on driver, warmer on passenger...sometimes seems to get cooler as I drive on that side so hopefully I'm just low on R134 cause I really don't want to tear the dash apart and fix a damper but if I do it will be to upgrade with heatertreater.com (I've heard a lot about them on these forums and elsewhere and the seem to fix what dodge did wrong i.e. better material).

I had a similar issue with my 2004 1500 where the recirculation damper broke and it just felt like air was trickling out and after removing the blower under the passenger dash sure enough there was a damper laying right across it and I had to fish it out..

Ostranza