DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Warranty Issues (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Wheel Alignment Void My Warranty From Another Company? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=84214)

RacerX 06-05-2011 10:40 AM

Wheel Alignment Void My Warranty From Another Company?

Hey Gang,

Just wondering if a non-factory wheel alignment would void your warranty I really don't want to pay dealership price as I can get one for $60.

erm 06-05-2011 01:04 PM

No, it will not.

07yt1500thunderroad 06-05-2011 06:54 PM

Nope, but you shouldn't need an alignment this early....have you upgraded your suspension or something?

rtkman 06-06-2011 05:59 PM

It wont affect your warranty no. There is no warranty on alignment anyways once you've had it for a bit.

Scjon03 06-07-2011 02:21 PM

My alignment was bad from the start. The steering wheel was off center and pulls to the right. Got it fix but still pulls to the right a little.

rtkman 06-07-2011 06:13 PM

It may not be an alignment issue now. it could be tire pull. Try rotating the tires.

07yt1500thunderroad 06-10-2011 07:13 PM

my truck did the same thing turned out the front tire on the right had separated and caused the truck to constantly pull right look at your sidewall and see if it is bulging or put the spare on the front on which ever side it seems to pull to.

P.S. if you still have the goodyears they are junk and easily round out and separate so i would buy a new set of tires!

Scjon03 06-11-2011 11:37 AM

I had a tire blow out the other day. Replaced all 4 tires and it still pulls to the right a little. Just going to get it fix after I get back from my deployment.

RacerX 06-29-2011 01:17 AM

Thanks everyone for your quick and informative replies after I got the alignment the computer print out said I was within factory specifications.

I also found out that my mechanic works for a Dodge Dealership full time when he is not taking side jobs under the table so that was good to know.

Futhermore when I drove on the highway I still had a bit of a pull and had to steer to compensate, I thought my steering wheel was off too but rtkman is probably right about needing your tires rotated in this case.

I drove over 2000kms while needing a wheel alignment, but after I got it done I held the steering wheel straight as much possible to straighten out the wear(it didnt stay straight over 60kms). But now almost 1000kms after the alignment and keeping it straight as much as possible it doesnt pull and drives straighter. I probably need to still get them rotated if I have time or just wait until I buy new wheels and see if I have any issues after that.

07yt1500thunderroad
I needed a wheel alignment because I hit a curb to avoid some a-hole damaging my new truck in Canada's Winter Wonderland.

Scjon03
If it was messed up straight from the dealership something is for sure wrong on dodge's end I hope it is nothing to expensive.

GTyankee 06-29-2011 02:40 AM

the factory tires seem to CUP way to easy
I changed my chrome clad 20" rims & stock tires out for a good brand
the original rims & tires are now in my spare bedroom